Kaymar Bumper Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I assumed so. I cut and re-welded the carrier so the tire is located above the latch on the pass side. So can't imagine the deflector would work anyway, especially with 32" tires.

I will toy with partially covering the sensor with black tape or plastidip.

er1c

Reaction score
i turned my sensors off... to get the sensors to work you need to use that sensor deflector that came with the bumper and that looks like crap. it would not fit with my full spare anyways. If anyone needs help let me know

What kind of wheels are those? Great looking LR4, btw.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else with a Kaymar getting a large amount of condensation/moisture in the LED light housings that come with the Kaymar? I noticed this a few months ago, but with the weather change and repeated care washings, it has become worse. Just want to know if anyone else notices this.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else with a Kaymar getting a large amount of condensation/moisture in the LED light housings that come with the Kaymar? I noticed this a few months ago, but with the weather change and repeated care washings, it has become worse. Just want to know if anyone else notices this.
Hmmmm...This makes me a bit nervous as I am thinking of ordering the Kaymar soon. I just ordered the ARB front bumper and a WARN 9000XD winch. I am already anxious about the install.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question to those , who already have Kaymar or TR bumper installed.

Last SAT. I needed to clean, prime and re paint area where tow eye and electrics are, as it really rusted underneath plastic tow hook cover. For obvious reasons, I wanted to gain a good access to it , so I figured , I will take off entire plastic bumper just to make sure I did not missed a spot in the immediate vicinity.
Although, I own LR3, I believe mounting points should be the same on LR4 ?
Rear lights off,four screws underneath off, four very hard to get to rivets off,and two hex screws on each side, by rear lights.Here is , where my problem appeared...Are these two hex mounting points are used for Kaymar or TR steel bumper or they are attached differently?
The reason I asked is because My right hex screw is just turning around and I am unable to tighten it nor take it out.There must be some kind of threaded part inside the steel quarter panel, that is loose and it probably turns around with bolt inside.
If I go for one of these steel bumpers, I wonder if I have to cut or drill the bolt out, in order to take the plastic one off,but the big Q is , if it will have to be re use in same way for a steel one?

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question to those , who already have Kaymar or TR bumper installed.

Last SAT. I needed to clean, prime and re paint area where tow eye and electrics are, as it really rusted underneath plastic tow hook cover. For obvious reasons, I wanted to gain a good access to it , so I figured , I will take off entire plastic bumper just to make sure I did not missed a spot in the immediate vicinity.
Although, I own LR3, I believe mounting points should be the same on LR4 ?
Rear lights off,four screws underneath off, four very hard to get to rivets off,and two hex screws on each side, by rear lights.Here is , where my problem appeared...Are these two hex mounting points are used for Kaymar or TR steel bumper or they are attached differently?
The reason I asked is because My right hex screw is just turning around and I am unable to tighten it nor take it out.There must be some kind of threaded part inside the steel quarter panel, that is loose and it probably turns around with bolt inside.
If I go for one of these steel bumpers, I wonder if I have to cut or drill the bolt out, in order to take the plastic one off,but the big Q is , if it will have to be re use in same way for a steel one?

IF I'm understanding you correctly. No, those hexes (riv nuts) are not used from what I recall.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm...This makes me a bit nervous as I am thinking of ordering the Kaymar soon. I just ordered the ARB front bumper and a WARN 9000XD winch. I am already anxious about the install.

I wouldn't consider this a show stopper and you live in a much drier climate than me ;-).

Just one of those minor annoyances.

I just sent the re-welded tire carrier (moved tire position over to show rear lights) to the sand blaster and powder coater. Will update once it comes back.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't consider this a show stopper and you live in a much drier climate than me ;-).

I just sent the re-welded tire carrier (moved tire position over to show rear lights) to the sand blaster and powder coater. Will update once it comes back.
Great! Please keep me posted.

My ARB front bumper is supposed to be delivered to my work receiving dock today! Gosh, I hope it fits in my LR4!!!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Don't you have an ARB front bumper in storage? Or is that ExPat? I am wondering how big the box is and if you think it will fit in the back of the LR4 with all the seats down.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't you have an ARB front bumper in storage? Or is that ExPat? I am wondering how big the box is and if you think it will fit in the back of the LR4 with all the seats down.

I do. No, I doubt it would fit. It would without the box if you can discard that.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV