Disable/prevent auto-leveling and/or extended mode?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to temporarily stop the LR4 from auto leveling or auto "raising" when the rear end is lifted by a jack or whatever?

To disconnect from the particular type of trailer hitch we have (Hensley) the approach is to raise the trailer tongue to the point were it begins to raise the tow vehicle (in our case the LR4) and as soon as the tongue jack is carry sufficient weight the hitch bar (it uses a bar, not a ball) will release enough that you can pull forward and pull the bar out of the hitch-side receiver.

But, within seconds of lifting the rear of LR4 (not anywhere near as much as you would for changing a tire, just enough to release pressure on the hitch bar) the LR4 raises up. It happens so fast I can't get back to the driver's seat and pull forward.

Of course I need the engine running in order to pull forward.

Any idea on how to prevent the LR4 air suspension from automatically lifting up?

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried that. Didn't make a difference. I even had another door open.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about using the fob / remote control to lower the car back down (you will need to leave the hazards on and close the doors)?

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I played with that previously. It wasn't always working for me. Works OK when there is no up or down pressure on the frame. But when it was hitched to the trailer I couldn't get it to work. Not sure what was going on there. I need a "Stay" command. "Stay, Land Rover, Stay!" I might see if I can put it in Access mode and let it "lower" onto the trailer's tongue jack rather than trying to slightly lift the LR4 with the trailer tongue.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to temporarily stop the LR4 from auto leveling or auto "raising" when the rear end is lifted by a jack or whatever?

To disconnect from the particular type of trailer hitch we have (Hensley) the approach is to raise the trailer tongue to the point were it begins to raise the tow vehicle (in our case the LR4) and as soon as the tongue jack is carry sufficient weight the hitch bar (it uses a bar, not a ball) will release enough that you can pull forward and pull the bar out of the hitch-side receiver.

But, within seconds of lifting the rear of LR4 (not anywhere near as much as you would for changing a tire, just enough to release pressure on the hitch bar) the LR4 raises up. It happens so fast I can't get back to the driver's seat and pull forward.

Of course I need the engine running in order to pull forward.

Any idea on how to prevent the LR4 air suspension from automatically lifting up?

This is such an annoying aspect of the modern Land Rovers!!!!!! Can we not be allowed to choose what we want and when????? There should be some little button for "manual height locking" or something "use at your own risk".

On further thought, you didn't say why you need to start at normal height. Do you? Did you try using the "lock" into low/access mode? Would that height put a bad stress on the bar such that it would not disengage when then pulling the vehicle forward? When in "locked low" and with a door open, the vehicle really should stay the hell in it's place.

What are you towing anyway to make use of the Hensley? I can't remember if I've asked before.

jreizenberg

Reaction score
sounds simple enough but you should clarify

so what does that fuse control specifically and can you provide proof?
Sorry.......it is fuse 3 and not 26
It prevents the vehcile from self levelling
In compartment next to battery in engine bay........sorry again

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA