Antigravity battery saved my ass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I packed my truck and planned to take my girls on their first offroad/camping trip, and as I press the starter button...nothing but flashing lights on the dash.

I immediately knew my battery must be dead or at least low. With my girls in the car, I grab my tiny little antigravity battery, hook it up and the truck starts instantly.

After driving for 4 hours the truck restarts without a problem. Then the next morning while out in the middle of nowhere, again the truck doesn't start. Antigravity to the rescue. Twice now, it's restarted my truck. I would have been screwed without it.

I highly recommend it. Even after two jumps, its still at ~80%.

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I packed my truck and planned to take my girls on their first offroad/camping trip, and as I press the starter button...nothing but flashing lights on the dash.

I immediately knew my battery must be dead or at least low. With my girls in the car, I grab my tiny little antigravity battery, hook it up and the truck starts instantly.

After driving for 4 hours the truck restarts without a problem. Then the next morning while out in the middle of nowhere, again the truck doesn't start. Antigravity to the rescue. Twice now, it's restarted my truck. I would have been screwed without it.

I highly recommend it. Even after two jumps, its still at ~80%.

What model do you have? Where did you pick it up? :hello:

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the XP-1 Micro start. Purchased it from expedition exchange.

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am still scratching my head as to why you continued on this trip to nowhere with little ones knowing there was some sort of battery issue. What would you have done if the XP-1 failed??? I think I would have wasted an hour or two of the trip to replace the battery and/or check the alternator....Glad it worked out though!

Typical internet response. The original post was about the XP-1 and someone has to go on a tangent, in this case about my parental decision making. You don't have all the facts, which I chose not to include because that wasn't the point of the post. So mind your own business when it comes to my kids safety. I don't appreciate it.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RBA, thank you so much for this post. Last February during school vacation week, the temp in Vermont was -20 with a -45 wind chill. At the end of the ski day there were plenty of vehicles with their hood up, looking for a jump.

The LR4 battery life is a mystery. Some fail at 2 years while others have never replaced their LR4 battery. This is far better than carrying around heavy jumper cables and hoping you can find someone to give you a jump.

Just checked the Antigravity website and they have a new, more powerful model called the XP-10 that may be a better match with a V8 LR4. They now say the XP-1 is good up to V6 engines but as you noted, it will do just fine.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted my opinion of the XP-10 on Youtube not long ago. Although I have not yet had the "pleasure" of finding myself in need, these devices are pretty awesome considering their diminutive size (they take way less space than even jumper cables) and I am glad I have it under the seat of my car at all times.

https://youtu.be/dvaoYDUNp1s

Last edited:

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted my opinion of the XP-10 on Youtube not long ago. Although I have not yet had the "pleasure" of finding myself in need, these devices are pretty awesome considering their diminutive size (they take way less space than even jumper cables) and I am glad I have it under the seat of my car at all times.

https://youtu.be/dvaoYDUNp1s

Nice review, Umberto. I think I need this thing!

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also added this $10 accessory to the kit I reviewed (I wish it was included, but at least it's not expensive):

Female_Cig_lighter_into_DC_connector__26424.1421693326.1280.1280.jpg

This allows me to power up my portable ARB fridge/freezer away from the car for several hours, using the XP-10 as its DC power supply. No more runs to the car to get me a cold soda in the middle of the night if I am thirsty, I can keep the fridge powered up right next to my tent without juicing the car batteries! :biggrin: This kit has got lots of uses in addition to being a cool jump starter.

Last edited:

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also added this $10 accessory to the kit I reviewed (I wish it was included, but at least it's not expensive):

Female_Cig_lighter_into_DC_connector__26424.1421693326.1280.1280.jpg

This allows me to power up my portable ARB fridge/freezer away from the car for several hours, using the XP-10 as its DC power supply. No more runs to the car to get me a cold soda in the middle of the night if I am thirsty, I can keep the fridge powered up right next to my tent without juicing the car batteries! :biggrin: This kit has got lots of uses in addition to being a cool jump starter.

That is a cool idea!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV