Help with parts - LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

777AIA

Reaction score
This image has what I'm looking for to add to my '08 LR3.
Skid plate, front bumper and protection bar, expedition rack. But, this stuff is impossible to find! Racks are out of stock or not built anymore, protection bars are non-existent, and there are so many skid plates I don't know which fit my model - and don't want to order until the bar is found.
Who can help me shop parts?? ~ Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC_0287-X3.jpg
    DSC_0287-X3.jpg
    621.1 KB · Views: 37

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The "A-frame" is a factory accessory available at any dealer which will probably not be in stock and thus require special order.

Many brands of racks are available. That one is not LR and neither is the front skid plate but places like Atlantic British should have most of what you're looking for as well as Expedition Exchange in California. There are smaller builders and vendors with cool stuff too but ASFIR and RASTA makes skid plates. Just google: land rover / protection / off road / 4x4 / etc

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like my Baja Rack. You can get everything at british4x4outfitters including a rack.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, and why do you want the A-frame? Is it for looks? For function they aren't worth much but for looks they're great ;)

They are good for mounting 2 lights but otherwise not much else. Either leave it alone or get a real/solid bumper. Several options are available and will actually do a good job in event of large animal or other collision.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree with Jwest ($hit, that's twice in one night!) that the A-frame is mostly - if not entirely - cosmetic. I have one; I love the way it looks....but it's not real solid.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny, I have one on my 2004 Discovery 2 as well but it was in fact just to mount two driving lights because the factory headlamps are not as much as I like sometimes.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really love the '04 Discovery....best Disco ever.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its no arb bumber, but My aframe has bounced a NY deer at 45 mph and a f150 at 15mph. and looks good while doing it .
I don't think all aframe were built/installed the same way. Mine has 4 bolts into the front frame. Some just had screws into the plastic.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lucky8 sells that mantec front skid plate in the usa. It's light weight aluminum and a piece of art. Try search tempest. Com to look for the LR expo rack and other discontinued accessories. I just found a new LR raised air intake on CL for $250. That's also where I found my expo rack.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut