96 Discovery 1 Cruise Control Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dishsoap1

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been troubleshooting my cruise control for the past month or so. So far I have bench tested my vaccum pump, replaced all rubber lines, and rubber actuator ****** that pulls the throttle. I have confirmed no vaccuum leaks.
I pulled off the CC ECU connector plug. I tested set, decel, and brake switch with multimeter. I get battery voltage for set/decel switches and about 10-11 volts with brake switch. Does that seem right? Shouldn't it be 12 volts like other switches? CC Switch works and connector plug gets battery voltage.

I removed and opened my CC ECU and checked for dry solder joints. Honestly board looks fine. I ordered a used one anyway off Ebay. Hooked that up tonight and Cruise still doesn't work.

One question, what kind of voltage should I be getting when I check for Vehicle Speed Sensor input? Voltage Is supposed to vary depending on speed. What is the range I should see? I tested it over the weekend. I get no VSS voltage when cc energized and vehicle not moving. Once vehicle moves, multimeter senses voltage. I was getting between 5-8 volts, but the driver did not exceed 20mph or so. I will run this test again on pavement and higher speeds. (was in a field the first time like a good Land Rover driver.)

Only other thing I have to do is jump the wires on the ECU connector so that I can make sure the wires going to the Vaccuum pump are good.

Last thing, I've been told that North American Land Rovers do not have the neutral lockout relay, which disengages the cruise control if you put the vehicle in neutral. Is that true? I guess I need to look and see if mine has the relay.

Hopefully, someone who has gotten up to their elbows with their cruise control, like me, will read this and be able to help. Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi