fold outside mirrors when locked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i reset my service indicator today on myh 2010 lr4 Lux. My outside mirrors have always folded. after resetting service reminder, my outside mirrors do not fold when i lock the doors as they did before. Does anyone know where this is in the GAP tool menu?

BigVDawgy

Reaction score
You're problem may be that you need to recalibrate the mirrors, much like after reprogramming you need to reset the auto up windows.

Just press the left and right mirror buttons to fold your mirrors manually. Then try to lock the doors and see if the mirror fold automatically.

If that doesn't resolve it, using the IIDTool you can find the fold with lock function under:
BCM-Body Control -> Power Fold Mirrors -> Fitted w/Logic

kdegLR4

Reaction score
Any chance you are also having locking or unlocking issues as well? We had a broken latch plate on the driver door that caused a problem with locking the vehicle. First symptom was the mirrors refusing to fold at locking.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not sure how it fixed it self. I tried my wife's key (original key) the mirrors worked and folded. I then tried my key (replacement key I programmed my self a while ago) and the mirrors fold now when locking and open when unlocking. Not sure how this started working again.

Justin Allen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I recently installed wind deflectors and wanted to disable the auto fold mirror on locking so it wouldn’t hit the guards. I changed them to “fitted” from fitted w/logic with the Gap tool but they still fold when locking. Any ideas?

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I recently installed wind deflectors and wanted to disable the auto fold mirror on locking so it wouldn’t hit the guards. I changed them to “fitted” from fitted w/logic with the Gap tool but they still fold when locking. Any ideas?

Been a while since I was in there, but isn't there a third option, "not fitted" ?

Justin Allen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been a while since I was in there, but isn't there a third option, "not fitted" ?
There is. But I assumed that would disable them even when manually pressing the buttons, which I wasn’t sure I really wanted to do. If they still fold on “fitted” when default is “fitted with logic” I’m not sure what the difference even is then.

TrinidadLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On another note, how did you reset your service indicator? I have failed multiple times and it still says 'service required' every time i start the truck.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is. But I assumed that would disable them even when manually pressing the buttons, which I wasn’t sure I really wanted to do. If they still fold on “fitted” when default is “fitted with logic” I’m not sure what the difference even is then.
I guess, crazy question, when you have it set it to "Fitted" and they still move, are you pressing the lock button just once, or are you double-clicking the button ?

Justin Allen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny you ask that. What’s the difference? I did notice the very first time after I changed the setting, and pressed lock once I don’t think the folded? But they did with a double press. I’ve always double pressed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72