Jatco 5 Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

konqlin

Reaction score
I bought this vehicle in Hawaii and had the transmission rebuilt.
I believe the valve body solenoids were never replaced at one point I had it sitting for a week. I went to drive it and seems to be stuck in third gear! I drove it for a week like that then suddenly it went away. I brought it back with me to Texas it was working fine till one day it was shifting irradically and stopped working. I was going to approach it in two ways change the solenoids or replace the gearbox ECM. I hope it isn't another overhal. I also, have wondered if anyone knows about these two transmission oils for this vehicle one made a company called Pentosin and the other one called Febi. Both are made in Germany, yes yes I know everyone harps on the LRN 402 Texaco stuff.
I dont want to spend a kings ransom for tranny fluid both of these are cheaper on E-Bay. What seems like a sound way of starting a process of elimination?

debaser

Reaction score
I'm troubleshooting a similar problem at the moment - although I think a complete overhaul is in store for mine - I've gotten a good 10 years 120k out of the transmission.

There are a few trouble shooting things I've read up on - that quite often it's a electrical issue. 1 recommendation is to a "hard reset" unplug the battery for 30 minutes and reconnect. This I feel is more so for rough shifting.
Solendoids are probably the next thing to check although if it's stopped working altogether than I would think things are past that.

does reverse work?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut