Heating and Cooling Not Coming On

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ethosb

Reaction score
2003 RR HSE 4.4. Everything worked fine a few days ago when I drove it last. The only recent thing I have done is clean the motor (non caustic cleaner, garden hose and then dried the motor-hvac was fine at that time while driving it afterwards) and the Hill Descent switch wasn't working, so I removed it to check it out. Now the rear blower comes on, but nothing up front, but the HVAC lights come on as normal. Even switching the temperature control knob from hot to cold does not activate the compressor. I downloaded and read through the RAVE manual, searched through this site for all HVAC related topics, pulled the codes and there are none (pending or otherwise), checked all the fuses in the passenger compartment related to the heating/cooling system. I also attempted the "Reset" by holding down the Econ (Max) button (did nothing) and the Recir button, then turning the ignition on, yet, I cannot find any reason why it no longer operates. Any ideas?

Thanks for helping.
Brian

Ethosb

Reaction score
I checked again and it does turn the compressor on as the motor rpm's drop when you switch the knob to cold. Although the air coming out of the rear blower is not very cold. Again, pulled all fuses in case I missed something. I know there is a wire that runs from the switch to the interior temperature sensor from what I have read. I pulled the center console lo range switch assembly again to see if I could find any loose wires and found nothing apparently out of place. I had already ordered a Lynx diagnostics computer that will be here on Monday. Maybe it can help read any AC codes.

RoverDoc88

Reaction score
you might want to check the blower resister 9 times out to 10 that is the porblem

mokarram

Reaction score
hello guys im new here i want to ask a question and hope to have a clear answer about my question ? i have a range rover l322 model 2003 i was checking the water level in the water tank and i see the water tank is full of oil and the car is in a very good condition and no over heat so any one can help me where is my problem

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV