Fixin to be a member of the club!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But unfortunately, not as an LR4 owner...
The brutal hand of reality has jack slapped me. Looks like we are going to get a Discovery Sport. Its a nice little rig and in the end, it will fit what we need better.
Our plans completely changed so instead of me getting the SUV and my wife driving the truck, Its going to be the other way around. I just could not get her on board with the LR4.
For her, Disco Sport will be way more practical.

So for me, a LR4 will just have to wait. Who knows, maybe I'll like the larger model Discovery replacement for the LR4?? (Vision, LR5 or whatever they decide to call it.)
Maybe I'll consider a Defender when it arrives?

But I'll always have a soft spot for the LR4.

Wish me luck! :hello:

Last edited:

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I hear about the Discovery Sport it is a very good vehicle for what it is intended to do and no slouch when it comes to going off road! Enjoy!

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I hear about the Discovery Sport it is a very good vehicle for what it is intended to do and no slouch when it comes to going off road! Enjoy!

Thanks sir! I do like it alot. Its beats the crap out of any of our past SUVs in the looks and luxury departments. It does retain more off road capability than others in its class. Its got some nice features and its much more modern than LRs have been.
For all you get, its a high end bargain. But I will admt, compared to what I have been considering for the past 4-5 months, theres alot of give and take in this deal for me...my wife, on the otherhand, couldnt be happier. :rolleyes:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your decision. The Discovery Sport is a cool little SUV and I think you will really enjoy it. Please come back and post a photo, I would love to see it.

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We made the deal and picked it up last night. We got the HSE Lux with 20" black wheels and black contrast roof with the Windsor tan interior.
It has the vision assist, driver assisit, Incontrol apps, Incontrol remote and protect and a bunch of other stuff I'm forgetting. Its pretty much loaded out. When we were looking, around the time I first posted this thread, My wife texted me and said that it would be cool if she could get a white one with the black wheels and windsor tan interior. I replied back "Good luck, we'll just have to get what they have in stock". Our sales person got wind of that and looked at what they had coming in. At the time they only had the Launch Edition and that one was not for sale for at least a few more months. Its for display and test drives only. She said..Hey I got one just like what you described coming in! So we wrote check to hold it. Thats when we knew we were going to get one. It arrived a week earier than the ETA and its simply awesome. It was meant to be I guess. :)

So heres a few cell phone shots. Ill get some better ones ASAP.
image.jpg2_zpsea0kqnr0.jpg

image.jpg4_zpsgicybkpr.jpg

image.jpg5_zpsaws3jrew.jpg

image.jpg6_zpsrw0vizal.jpg

Last edited:

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turns out this is the the first one rolling around in our metro area. So we're real exclusive...at least for awhile. :) People are starting to line up though.

When I have a bit more time I'll post up my impressions.

Last edited:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great, congrats! I was at a launch party for the new Disco Sport at a local dealership last night and got a good look at it. Considering its smallish exterior size, how much room they managed to carve inside for passengers and cargo is pretty remarkable. I liked the fit and finish as well, all switchgear felt solid and I don't get the comments of those who find its interior "cheap", it is definitely more utilitarian than elegant but far from cheap.

While we couldn't drive it or even crank its engine, I also got to play quite a bit with the revised infotainment system, which will trickle "up" across the entire Land Rover range within the next year. Didn't have any InControl apps to play with, but I came away impressed. Gone is all the lag when changing screens or typing something, you can swipe pages of screens like on a tablet, naturally slide fingers across bars to zoom in/out (although I couldn't pinch to zoom, maybe I was doing it wrong), see and reply to text messages via touchscreen... Lots of other improvements, a more modern and rich looking interface included. Nav maps still look rudimemtary compared to many competitors, but they are sharper and pop more than those on my LR4. Finally an infotainment system that, while not class leading or spectacularly advanced, feels at least up-to-date and on par with most of the competition in this price range.

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turns out this is the the first one rolling around in our metro area. So we're real exclusive...at least for awhile. :) People are starting to line up though.

When I have a bit more time I'll post up my impressions.
Congratulations - wow, that's very nice and I love the interior color. Beautiful. I love my Arabica seats, but I kind of wish they had that color for the LR4.

I have yet to see one in person, but I am sure you are getting a lot of looks. Great choice, looks very nice.

Last edited:

andyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats! I think it looks great. I sat in one when I picked up my LR4 and I was shocked on how much room there was compared to the Evoque. Hope the Evoque line goes away. Discovery Sport should have been what the Evoque is today.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi