LR4 on 18 inch rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a pic from my recent install.

Drool.

My lr4 is black so what you did is exactly what I want to do in a few years when I do some more serious mods and take on more than green trails...still feel pain when my truck gets scratches : )

ndrenfro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
drewlum - now you just need to spray paint those center caps black...thats what i did and they look great! i like your full black!

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i regret selling you the wheels! looks great...what is your tire size and does it rub in normal height?

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
found the tire size in the previous page...does it rub in normal height though?

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They couldn't get the spare to fit under the car, so I guess I will have to work on squeezing it up in there.

I have the same exact tires and wheel size. I just deflated the spare to ~15psi, then squeezed it up there just fine. I have onboard air to fill it up if I ever need it. The trailer hitch receptacle even fits around it, but just barely.
:driver:

ndrenfro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
found the tire size in the previous page...does it rub in normal height though?

I haven't ever drove with them in normal height. I have Sasquatch rods set up for about 1.5" of lift. No rubbing.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, they don't rub in normal height even with stock rods. The only rubbing I've ever gotten is very slight near the front part of the rear wheel wells, and only when under extreme rock crawling conditions. Rock crawl mode is the softest and allows the greatest amount of articulation.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke with a tech regarding brake size on lr4 vs lr3. Another option, not discussing cost, is to go with smaller rotors. Currently Brembo makes a better than oem rotor for the lr3.

The tech said it would be necessary to swap out all the lr4 brake parts but I do wonder if you might as well then not use lr3 calipers but also go with some sort of Brembo caliper.

Either way, this is another solution to the 18" wheel issue. This would then allow someone who already had a previous set of oem 18's and tires to reuse them.

Some $ could be recouped by selling off the lr4 parts or just storing them for refit upon future sale of lr4 - which would then instantly have new brakes to improve resale value.

bclayt

Reaction score
Great look, AWESOME! I am looking into these rims in grey acolite, can you tell me how much you spent on these rims with shipping from the UK.

Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA