2012 vs. 2013 LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oclr4

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been addressed before but I am a very recent member. I bought a certified 2012 LR4 LUX and was curious to know what changes were made for year 2013? All I can find is Nav improvements and a black out package available..

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been addressed before but I am a very recent member. I bought a certified 2012 LR4 LUX and was curious to know what changes were made for year 2013? All I can find is Nav improvements and a black out package available..
I think that's just about it, though I believe some of the Lux interiors (Arabica, etc.) were available on the 2013+ models, though I could be wrong.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black package and extended leather trim were options first offered on MY2013s, don't believe they were available on earlier model years except perhaps on some special editions. And yes, some interior finishes and seat colors were offered starting with MY13. Otherwise the cars were pretty much identical, even the infotainment improvements were really minor (slightly less lethargic interface, ability to upload POIs in GPX format, and other minuscule changes like those.)

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UMBERTOB - Land Rover walking encyclopedia - love the guy and his rig more.

Last edited:

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2012 did have some "special edition" that was basically an early version of the "extended" leather option on 2013. I saw one near here that had it and noticed the steering wheel leather was actually perforated while the 2013 version is smooth. Both have the single seam in the seat base cushion for easy identification and stitched instrument cowl cover and also stitched window sill edge.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA