LR4 on 18 inch rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drewlum

Reaction score
drewlum - Yes, I installed the TPMS sensors in all tires.

Coop - They are the Cooper Zeon LTZs, 285/60/R18

Thanks! I was at the dealership today and they were unsure if the LR4 sensors would work. I found LR2 TPMS sensors fit the wheels even better but I'm unsure if they will work on the vehicle. I'm going to buy some on ebay - I'll let everyone on the forum know if they work in the compomotive wheels or not.

jammin636

Reaction score
does anyone know if there is any balancing issues with the compomotive wheels? do they balance well. i went and talked with my local tire shop today and told them i was getting new 18s for my lr4 and after i had to go through the whole "o what about the clearance" conversation he said they may have to balance it differently because there may not be enough room for the stick on weights because of the caliper clearance and might have to do a "static balance". anyone know anything about this?

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine picked up a set and they had to use plenty of the stick on weights to get them to balance. They were stacked 3 deep on one rim. There's plenty of room to shift the weights inward to avoid caliper contact. TBH - I don't think there's even enough room for 1 layer of weights between the rim and the caliper. He also installed the GY MTR Kev's which are pretty chunky - this may have added to the balancing situation.

drewlum

Reaction score
A buddy of mine picked up a set and they had to use plenty of the stick on weights to get them to balance. They were stacked 3 deep on one rim. There's plenty of room to shift the weights inward to avoid caliper contact. TBH - I don't think there's even enough room for 1 layer of weights between the rim and the caliper. He also installed the GY MTR Kev's which are pretty chunky - this may have added to the balancing situation.

I just had the GoodYear Silent Armor tires installed and there was plenty of clearance for the the weights.

drewlum

Reaction score
Compomotive on the landie

Here is a pic from my recent install.

Attachments

• IMG_1124_small.jpg
    IMG_1124_small.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Thought I would share a couple pics of my LR4. I just had the 18 inch Compomotive wheels and Cooper Zeon LTZs installed this morning by my dealer. They couldn't get the spare to fit under the car, so I guess I will have to work on squeezing it up in there.

A couple thanks to guys on this forum - to Rob for the Sasquatch rods (shortened about 8mm from stock for about a 1.5" lift) and Luke for the wheels. I think the whole thing turned out great and i cant wait to hit the trails!

Nathan

went wheeling this weekend on my scorpion atr, and they did remarkably well, can i ask how much the comp motive wheels were including shipping and all charges ?? and how long was the shipping time ?? I have the inside track on a set of the 19" goodyear mtrs, but if i had 18" wheels, opens up multiple tire options

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi