Showoff Your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickcaraux

Reaction score
Nice!! I thought those looked familiar, i have G2s too! Excellent choice, brother.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday's "virtual office"
1) the view from the outside
2) then the inside (I use the left rear seat for this)
3) oh, and just to prove that I was actually (sort of) working

Then a couple from today's drive
4) the drive that took me to
5) this spot

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0750.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

jdillon

Reaction score
What tires were you using when you had your flat?

Dan

Sorry for the long delay in the reply Dan. I have been traveling too much for the last few weeks...

It was the DuraTrac 255/55R19 and the first pair in that size the GY stores in Denver had seen last summer. Got out of the truck at the top of the Argentine (13,000ft) and hear "pssssss...." I figured it was the air suspension system but quickly noticed I kept hearing it. Traced the sound to a leak in the sidewall of the rear right tire. It was a super slow leak so made the decision rather than changing the tire with a non full-size (emergency) spare to headed down the mountain hoping to get to the main road before it went totally flat. (6 miles down) Made it within half of a mile of the main road when all of a sudden... "BAM" the rear left (other tire) blows out...Sidewall on both rear tires! What are the odds. Stopped the vehicle right away in disbelief but incredibly lucky for me before I could get out of the car these 2 guys in 2 other vehicles come up the trail at that very moment offering to help. (One had a compressor) We replaced the total blow-out with the emergency spare and used his compressor to pump up the slow leak tire. Long story short we made it off the trail and to the local gas station in Georgetown to wait for a flat bed... Lesson learned 1.Take your time and take care of the leak when it happens. 2. Carry a full size spare and compressor

This was back in August. I will say Goodyear was AWESOME and I was more than blown away when they offered to send me 4 new tires in exchange for mine to research them. Have had no troubles with the second set and I have been more than impressed with these tires in the CO winter!

Looking forward to hitting the trails again in a few weeks!

Bhos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar experience with the GY AT Adventures, both with sidewall and GY replacing them...but it took some pressure for me to get them to step up. I think by now they would be getting tired of replacing the sidewalls.

It was the DuraTrac 255/55R19 and the first pair in that size the GY stores in Denver had seen last summer. Got out of the truck at the top of the Argentine (13,000ft) and hear "pssssss...." I figured it was the air suspension system but quickly noticed I kept hearing it. Traced the sound to a leak in the sidewall of the rear right tire. It was a super slow leak so made the decision rather than changing the tire with a non full-size (emergency) spare to headed down the mountain hoping to get to the main road before it went totally flat. (6 miles down) Made it within half of a mile of the main road when all of a sudden... "BAM" the rear left (other tire) blows out...Sidewall on both rear tires! What are the odds. Stopped the vehicle right away in disbelief but incredibly lucky for me before I could get out of the car these 2 guys in 2 other vehicles come up the trail at that very moment offering to help. (One had a compressor) We replaced the total blow-out with the emergency spare and used his compressor to pump up the slow leak tire. Long story short we made it off the trail and to the local gas station in Georgetown to wait for a flat bed... Lesson learned 1.Take your time and take care of the leak when it happens. 2. Carry a full size spare and compressor

This was back in August. I will say Goodyear was AWESOME and I was more than blown away when they offered to send me 4 new tires in exchange for mine to research them. Have had no troubles with the second set and I have been more than impressed with these tires in the CO winter!

Looking forward to hitting the trails again in a few weeks!

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New summer shoes! They're 255/55/19 Nitto's wrapped over 19x9 wheels from a RRS. They were blasted and powder coated in gloss black. I'm really digging on the look, and having stiffer tires back under the truck feels great after running Wrangler Duratracs all winter.

image2_zpscsycbs5q.jpg

image1_zpsasftrcpr.jpg

image3_zpsmb2yhmsl.jpg

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good! I am looking to have my rims powdercaoted as well. Was it expensive?

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good! I am looking to have my rims powdercaoted as well. Was it expensive?

They were $1030 shipped, so that included the OEM wheels and the powdercoating. The vendor even powdercoated the centercaps. I'm super happy with the look.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV