LR4 reliability - let's get better info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The main reliability survey collects data going forward, so when the car is new is the best time to start--though there is no bad time.

We have an initial result for the LR4 based on owner experiences through June 30, 2010.

Other sources of car reliability information won't cover the more recent months until the summer or even fall of next year.

With a repair frequency of 39 repairs per 100 cars per year, the 2010 LR4 is about average, but close to "better than average." Much lower repair frequency than the 2005-2006 LR3 (no stats for newer years yet).

This is based on a very small sample size. We'll have a more solid result with the next update, in November.

Everyone who has been helping, thank you. We'll have further updates in November and February. With more participants, we could provide more precise results.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help:

Land Rover LR4 reliability comparisons

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't been back to the dealer since I purchased mine. I have about 6300 miles on the truck.

I have been to the site and reporting my mileage for both of my cars. But neither of them have been to the dealer for anything other than oil changes.

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Starting this month we have a new question to measure, as objectively as possible, the severity of a problem. Many people have been asking for reliability stats that weight problems by how severe they are, and once we have enough responses with the revised survey we'll start providing this.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True delta is a great site and I've added my vehicle to it since I replaced my 4runner for the LR4. It's a great resource for comparative shopping and so far, seems to be clean and free from vendors who may try and log in skew the numbers.

I hoping the LR4 will be as reliable as my 2008 4runner...I know that's asking a lot but so far so good.

CoMclovin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've registered for the site, but I don't take the results as "gospel" due to the ease with which they can be manipulated. It's rather easy to register a vehicle I don't own, and spew data about said vehicle. While I understand that people may be honest, and actually portray their data in a truthful manner, I can't imagine all registered users are 100% honest, thus accounting for a data skew... Just my thoughts on it. Also when discussing reliability, what constitutes a repair? Does it include a major failure, or minor issues that are more annoying than debilitating?

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've registered for the site, but I don't take the results as "gospel" due to the ease with which they can be manipulated. It's rather easy to register a vehicle I don't own, and spew data about said vehicle. While I understand that people may be honest, and actually portray their data in a truthful manner, I can't imagine all registered users are 100% honest, thus accounting for a data skew... Just my thoughts on it. Also when discussing reliability, what constitutes a repair? Does it include a major failure, or minor issues that are more annoying than debilitating?

While this is theoretically possible, in the six years since I started conducting this survey I've never come across a single case where this actually happened, much less enough cases to substantially impact a single result.

The problem we have is getting enough people to respond for the cars they do have, not keeping them from responding for cars they don't actually have.

Last edited:

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have an updated result for the LR4 based on owner experiences through September 30, 2010. Other sources of car reliability information won't cover the months since April until the summer or even fall of next year.

With a repair frequency of 39 repairs per 100 cars per year, the same as last time, the 2010 LR4 remains about average, but close to "better than average." Much lower repair frequency than the 2005-2006 LR3 (no stats for newer years yet).

Thank you, once again, everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in February and May. With more participants, we could provide more precise results.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help:

Land Rover LR4 reliability ratings and comparisons

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have an updated result for the LR4 based on owner experiences through December 31, 2010. Other sources of car reliability information won't cover the months since last April until the summer or even fall of this year.

With a repair frequency of 45 repairs per 100 cars per year, the 2010 LR4 remains about average. Much lower repair frequency than the 2005-2006 LR3 (no stats for newer years yet).

Thank you, once again, everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in May and August. With more participants, we could provide more precise results.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help provide this information:

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have an updated our reliability stats for the LR4 based on owner experiences through March 31, 2011.

With a repair frequency of 52 repairs per 100 cars per year, the 2010 LR4 remains about average. Much lower repair frequency than the 2005-2006 LR3 (no stats for newer years yet).

We'll have further updates in August and November. With more participants, we could provide more precise results.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA