Tow Package Option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know whether this is installed in the UK or at the port of entry facility? Do we have a choice?

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure.

Build Site says only "optional factory fitted plug-in towing equipment."
Actually, "factory fitted" appears to answer my question.

Have seen too many ugly towbar installations on various brands.

colorover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that you get the actual receiver that you can buy separately, full size spare, and possibly some wiring (although the latter may be there on every car.)

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, nothing in the web description about a full-size spare but wouldn't mind that at all. Would it fit in the same space?

howardduff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The two package comes with wire harness and receiver, full size spare is only with HD package on the 2015 my.

LR4Dave

Reaction score
I just picked up my 2015 LUX last night. I ordered the tow package and it included the wiring electrics, removable tow hitch, and the tow hitch storage accessory in the left side rear compartment. All pre-installed at the factory I believe. Also the surround cameras have the tow assist feature activated.

Dave

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! Hope you'll keep on posted how it goes. We have two more weeks wait.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new LR4, Dave! Doesn't it feel great! What you described is what I received with my MY14 Lux. The only dealer install I did was the brake controller as we were preparing to tow a trailer last Summer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA