IID Tool puchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gearing up for April LR4 delivery. Understand Britpart is distributor for the tool. Filled out the online form for El Paso residence, no reply yet. In Denver for coupla weeks now but google is not showing me the Britpart dealer here. Can a person just walk in with his VIN and buy? Gap told me there was someplace here.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the strong US Dollar these days, it may be worth cross shopping from UK/European suppliers as well, since shipping is likely a non-issue on such a small and lightweight tool anyway. Check out outfits such as Island 4x4 in the UK.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you Umbertob!
Reckon you've saved me $170.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is about how much I saved by going that route last June.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$7 from one site,$23 from another. The 7 is obviously bogus with a slightly higher price for the tool.

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$7 from one site,$23 from another. The 7 is obviously bogus with a slightly higher price for the tool.

I just picked it up from Island 4x4. $15 shipped. Pretty good deal for the bluetooth version being $509 shipped. :bandit:

LOMartin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks.
5 minutes on LRworld.org just saved me $170 on truck tools

Now, where is the mother of all IID LR4 threads, explaining all that can be done?

Last edited:

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that features available for earlier models may not currently (or maybe ever) be available for later models (like MY14 which is what I have). Some or all of this is due to the design of software/systems in each MY. In a couple of cases it may be that the GAP folks have not yet had time to add features. Though I purchased my IIDTool last June I didn't begin trying to use it until early March of this year. The primary function at the time was to modify the overall vehicle height. Subsequently the GAP folks added the ability to disable the Parking Assist function (those nagging beeps that go on every time you are in Park or have pulled forward near a blade of grass). I can now leave my bike rack on all the time without any beeping! But that wasn't added until a couple of weeks ago.