Front license plate bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015 HSE Lux is now ordered. Photos look like this bracket hangs from bolts in the bumper above. We don't use two plates in NM. Does dealer drill holes there?
Got til mid-April to fret about such minutia!

Really appreciate all the input here on the build.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure exactly what you mean but I moved from Boston to ABQ, I removed the front license plate holder which is attached with screws fixed directly in the bumper. I'd assume they know better in NM than drilling it.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a MY14 for a Ca delivery. Our law is two plates, but I don't attach a front for aesthetic reasons. Anyway my LR4 arrived with no pre-drilled holes in the front (which made me happy), front plate mount was packed in trunk for me to install myself. Hope this helps.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly what I was getting at. Now I know to head the dealership off on drilling our new baby. Even the manager (new to town) complains how difficult it is to find skilled labor in El Paso, something I've found very frustrating. Yes, folks, even drilling holes is a problem!
We, too, put our front plates in the window, for aesthetics, and...folks (including the Mexican police) steal them.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't drill holes on my sportscars, but on an SUV, I don't mind my front license plate being on. I guess the dealer must have done it. I am as picky as they come, but whatever they did, they did a good job.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV