Showoff Your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We did the same trail. Just in opposite direction ;)
Here's the link (posted it on FB as well). http://www.nps.gov/arch/planyourvisit/upload/ARCHmap.pdf
Being rushed is a huge factor I believe. Also climbing those steps is definitely taxing on the vehicle. Gotta be really careful. My point of view is with a combination of warranty and insurance policy we're all good ;))
It's a beautiful area no matter what. I'm actually heading back up to Moab beginning of June (with more time to have fun before our move to NYC).

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We did the same trail. Just in opposite direction ;)
Here's the link (posted it on FB as well). http://www.nps.gov/arch/planyourvisit/upload/ARCHmap.pdf
Being rushed is a huge factor I believe. Also climbing those steps is definitely taxing on the vehicle. Gotta be really careful.

I heartily agree. I went extremely slow and very carefully. And pretty smooth as well. But I need a lot more experience on picking the line. Yesterday was a good learning experience.

Here are a couple pics of the damage. Obviously not serious. Just a hassle that I'll need to get it repaired - unless someone you can tell me how to do it myself. ;-) I can see the some of the bracketing holding the bumper in place is broken and will need to be replaced.

Attachments

• IMG_0716.jpg
    IMG_0716.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0717.jpg
    IMG_0717.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 56

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heartily agree. I went extremely slow and very carefully. And pretty smooth as well. But I need a lot more experience on picking the line. Yesterday was a good learning experience.

Here are a couple pics of the damage. Obviously not serious. Just a hassle that I'll need to get it repaired - unless someone you can tell me how to do it myself. ;-) I can see the some of the bracketing holding the bumper in place is broken and will need to be replaced.

If all you need are some new brackets I'm sure a body shop will charge you the cost of brackets + 2-4 hours for labor and you will be all set. Maybe $300?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried pushing the bumper cover back in place? I "dislocated" both front and rear bumper of my old Sport many times (not on the LR4 yet, knock on wood) and the suckers just popped right back in place each time with a "spirited" couple of pushes, right there on the trail. Either way, if that's all the damage you sustained it should be an easy and inexpensive fix. Thanks for the great photos.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Umberto. I'll look at that in the morning. I tried a bit. But it does look like a couple attachment brackets broke off in a couple of places. I am going to look at after market bumpers. If fixing this becomes too expensive I'll just use the opportunity to put a more offroad capable bumper on the back. But first I want to research the options and the associated costs. I am sure there are folks on this forum who have some suggestions! ;-)

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Umberto. I'll look at that in the morning. I tried a bit. But it does look like a couple attachment brackets broke off in a couple of places. I am going to look at after market bumpers. If fixing this becomes too expensive I'll just use the opportunity to put a more offroad capable bumper on the back. But first I want to research the options and the associated costs. I am sure there are folks on this forum who have some suggestions! ;-)
For front bumper you basically have ARB or Tactical 4x4. For the rear bumper, they no longer sell Kaymar in the US (I actually bought the last one last September 2014). I know Eric over at Tactical 4x4 was going to be fitting their LR3 rear bumper to an LR4 late last year, but I never heard back if he was successful. It would need a bit of custom work, especially since he does not preserve the back-up sensors on the LR3 rear bumpers.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For front bumper you basically have ARB or Tactical 4x4. For the rear bumper, they no longer sell Kaymar in the US (I actually bought the last one last September 2014). I know Eric over at Tactical 4x4 was going to be fitting their LR3 rear bumper to an LR4 late last year, but I never heard back if he was successful. It would need a bit of custom work, especially since he does not preserve the back-up sensors on the LR3 rear bumpers.

Did you end up disabling your front sensors? If I recall, the front and rear are options through the GAP. I would need to check.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you end up disabling your front sensors? If I recall, the front and rear are options through the GAP. I would need to check.
Yes, I disabled the front parking sensors, but preserved the rear sensors. I spent a bit of time positioning my spare tire so that my camera and rear back-up sensors work perfectly. I could have kept the sensors in front, but I hate them.

Yes, you can disable front/rear/both with IIDTool. There is an option for below and above 2012 MY - he actually used my 2013 as a beta.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few cool photos from this weekend. Did a bit of off-roading and shooting. Unfortunately, I could not get any action shots, but you can see the mud. :) The roof rack made a great place to shoot clay pigeons. :)

697FDC33-F131-4943-9F79-A7C4C6043DDD_zps32muziog.jpg

B6118299-1E14-4BB8-8125-38A49592F436_zpsuvlhqjdb.jpg

66D2D09E-27BC-455E-A5A2-C1D9B4F47E4B_zpsz3ijawbh.jpg

54A8AC34-C468-468D-BF5D-E7208BEC0BE4_zpsgcak8osg.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV