LUX or HD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have found a HD package for sale in my area. This might be taste specific but would you rather have a HD or Lux version (2013)? I do some off roading but the upgraded leather is nice.

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are planning to do some off roading then Heavy Duty Package would be my first choice. Is it HSE or Base LR4 with HD pack? I got 2013 Lux but only because I could not find HSE with HD pack. Extended leather is nice but rear locker and full size spare are more useful.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gather the nicer interior trim matters to you. If so, you will regret not getting that buttery soft leather and other Lux niceties every day when you sit in the car. Most people don't off-road regularly or over terrain challenging enough to justify the complexity and cost of rear lockers, the LR4 is plenty capable without it anyway. And you can always get a full size spare, cheap. To me, it's a no brainer: Lux. Most likely better resale value down the road as well.

andyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the HSE version with the black trim option.

PeterA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree 1000% with Umberto. I too wanted the HD package when I searched for a 2013 preowned but jumped on a great deal for a LUX and couldn't be happier. I improved the tires and though I still wish I had the rear locker the car handles great on slick surfaces.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say wait for a Lux with HD pack to come up, but that's just me. Unless it is a killer deal, why compromise?

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have found a HD package for sale in my area. This might be taste specific but would you rather have a HD or Lux version (2013)? I do some off roading but the upgraded leather is nice.

Where are you located?

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Northern VA

I don't know if you have a specific year in focus but there is a gem that has been on Richmond Land Rovers site for a about two months now. I have been hoping it would continue to sit until I could talk the other half into getting another LR4 but has been a tough battle. It has both Lux and HD with low mileage. Looks to be an excellent example.

EDIT: I looked back up top and see that you are looking for a 2013. Sorry to lead you down a different path as the LR4 in Richmond is 2010 but it only has 30k miles and is in beautiful Bali Blue.

Last edited:

andyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if you have a specific year in focus but there is a gem that has been on Richmond Land Rovers site for a about two months now. I have been hoping it would continue to sit until I could talk the other half into getting another LR4 but has been a tough battle. It has both Lux and HD with low mileage. Looks to be an excellent example.

EDIT: I looked back up top and see that you are looking for a 2013. Sorry to lead you down a different path as the LR4 in Richmond is 2010 but it only has 30k miles and is in beautiful Bali Blue.

Thanks. But looking for a 2012/2013 CPO model. That's one does look good though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut