side steps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Interpol

Reaction score
the 2015's come standard with the side steps, how difficult is it to remove them, and does something else have to be ordered to cover any holes/gaps?

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have tried unbolting the undercarriage bolts to no avail, there are more attachment points behind the lower trim. I stopped short until my wife has our kid. Its her truck and the steps help her get it while being "overloaded".

My dealer service tech says there will be holes but they will be unnoticeable. Dealer won't remove them on 15's.

We'll see in a few months.

Interpol

Reaction score
thank you,
boggles the mind that they force you to take accessories that you dont want, and then with signature LED lights they force you to pay not only for the lights but the whole vision package.
grrrrrr

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I specifically asked they not install the running boards when I ordered it. No chance. They had me sign a letter stating dealership is not authorized to remove them. Yet I had a 2014 without them.... crazy talk I say!!!

Interpol

Reaction score
was the issue with your check engine light successfully resolved?

colorover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what my dealer showed me. Seems like the did something like mistakenly fitted them for the crash test, then would have had to done the test again if they weren't fitted as standard. Rubbish that they would help in the slightest with a side impact.

Attachments

• IMG_8462.jpg
    IMG_8462.jpg
    644.3 KB · Views: 56

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they are the same aluminum side steps I remember (they sure look like them), that entire bulletin is laughable at best. I think they wanted to get rid of a warehouse full of these side steps and got the Feds to buy into their BS story, that's all.

To err on the side of safety, I think I'll bolt a set of those side steps above my rock sliders, which should bring my 2013 up to 2015 safety standards. :stupid:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That flier was too funny. Thank goodness I got a 2013.

Though, I may sell mine. Anyone want to buy it for $70,000?

A car dealership offered me $63,000 as a trade in, but I think my rig is worth $70,000 considering my modifications and updates.

Interpol

Reaction score
that is laughable,
"the prior year models meet or exceed safety standards so not necessary to put side steps" well the vehicle is the EXACT SAME as the previous ones arghhhasargggferjhgrlkjrewjgelrjgnejlgn :mad::argh:
gotta love corporate decisions.....

guess i'll just have to unscrew those suckers, if anyone knows where i can order some replacement plastic trim for the bottom so i dont have holes left over from the side steps let me know.

Gonna go place the order for my lr4 tomorrw :biggrin:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be easy to source that trim from places such as parts.com, just search for MY2014 or earlier. Part # should be DGP500490PCL (driver) and DGP500480PCL (passenger side.) Even if you didn't replace it, the holes leftover by the side steps' brackets would likely only be visible with the doors open, and only if you were really looking for them... May not even be worth swapping if those moldings turn out to be expensive.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72