2010 LR4 Water Pump DIY?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16vsilverstreak

Reaction score
It appears this process is not posted anywhere. I'm running into a problem. The small black line that fits into the front of the water pump. There is a black 90 degree elbow that is inserted into a black plastic sleeve that is inserted into a brass sleeve. Does anyone know how to remove the elbow without breaking it? I contacted Rover of Asheville, NC and they said they break them all the time. The hard line disappears under the manifold, if the line is broken the manifold has to be removed to repair the broken line. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm completely clueless about what you are asking, but assuming it is a press-fit connection, if possible, try to make the male bit as cold as you can and the female bit as hot as you can.

If you are in a cold weather climate, let everything get very cold, then soak a rag in boiling water and carefully apply the hot rag over just the female/outside bit and quickly give it your best shot at removing it.

This may be totally worthless for your issue, but that's my bit of advice. Good luck.

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have dealer level Technical Information System... send me a PM and Ill send you over some documentation. :cool:

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
let us know how the waterpump diy install goes.

KMann

Reaction score
I actually did my water pump about 2 weeks ago. I put some astroglide on that thing. Slid right in. I always keep a bottle of it in my toolbox for hoses that are stubborn. I learned that trick from an old timer mechanic I knew a while back. Before he found astroglide he used vaseline, which is much more messy.

KMann

Reaction score
Also, I did not remove the elbow. It just came out of the water pump. Is yours stuck in the pump? It was a pain to get back in but a long screwdriver to guide it in helped a lot, along with some lube.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV