Winch mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just ordered a hidden winch mount from Devon 4x4 the part is actually from britpart. Has anyone fitten this on a LR4? What winch can I use?

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, would love to know the total cost. This time last year, they stopped distributing in the US and wouldn't ship anything. Did you order direct from Britpart?

Either way, I installed a Terrafirma LR3 winch tray. If you search "hidden winch", you'll find the thread. I think they are pretty similar as far as amount of time needed and bumper cutting, etc.

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After long investigating I have come to the damn conclusion that they do not make one for the LR4. Terrafirma need cutting so you can fit the air dryer in front of the radiator. Devon sells one but on there website it states that its suitable for petrol vehicles and 2 lines under it states its not suitable for petrol. And the britpart only states its for a V6 petrol. I'm sure I'm going to have to adjust, cut, bend, weld, fabricate and curse at it to make it fit.
The cost ended up being around 600 for the britpart sold by devon4x4. They do ship to the USA but only if you pay by PayPal or bank transfer. I couldn't get PayPal to work for some reason so I eat the 40 bucks my bank charges to do the transfer.
Once I get it I'll post pictures of the parts and install

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm confused, did you order one from Devon or Britpart/Terrafirma? They are different designs.

The Devon has a wider cross section to replace the steel inner bumper. the Terra/Britpart version is just a winch tray. Pics below. The Terra/Britpart version is less than ideal as you have to remove the steel bumper and have nothing in the kit that extends in front of the wheels in replacement.

And the reasons I ask all this is because I wanted the Devon version, but ended up with the Terrafirma version because Devon stopped importing. If I can get the Devon version shipped, I will jump all over it...

Attachments

• IMG_4552.jpg
    IMG_4552.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 71
  • da7537_38-400x300.jpg
    da7537_38-400x300.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 58

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Devon 4x4 will need you to cut the bracket and hammer a piece out of the way. Also if you read the install he had to search for many pieces since the Devon is design for a LR3 or LR4 diesel. So it will need adjustments

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the Devon winch plate if you see the little cylinder on the passenger side that gets in the way the diesels don't have that dryer tube there and the tray needs to be cuz to fit. Also he needed to hammer something out of the way. You also need to cut all the little plastics on the inside of the bumper. You lose the parking sensor if you have them.

I do like the Devon better cuz of the bumper but the winch is already 96lbs adding that much more to the front.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut