H-11 LED Fog Light Bulbs for the LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magnumforc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone changed out their fog light bulbs for the high power 80 or 88 watt LED H-11 bulbs? I want more light and it seems 80 watts of pure white light in the 6500K range would beat the 55 watt halogens in there now. Simple swap of plug and play, some already CANBUS protected. But I don't want to toss out $50-60 if these are no better than what we already have.

Your thoughts?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will need to find out if the factory/wire harness will handle the amps required for those bulbs.
If you want bright lights consider a set of HID's that run on only 3 or 4 amps and are brighter then hell.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I switched out my fog lights for LED lights (H11). They look great and are very crisp white, but do not really produce much light. I don't think they are the ones you are referring to?

I am likely going to switch to an HID kit.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't looked at it, but how difficult is it to remove / replace the fog lights?

I don't care for the stock yellowish color they produce.

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't looked at it, but how difficult is it to remove / replace the fog lights?

I don't care for the stock yellowish color they produce.

Too easy. They are accessed from the front by removing the bezel.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too easy. They are accessed from the front by removing the bezel.
Just be careful when you pull off the covers, the clips can break. I found using an old credit card worked very well. In addition, I taped off the holes in the housing with tape, as it is very easy to loose a screw down into your bumper never to return.

magnumforc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good info from Finlay and Surfrider. I thnk the 88 watt will be bright enough and don't want the hassle of going the complete HID route. The LED's draw so little amps that the only issue you likely have is the CANBUS warning if the LR is so equipped. I know the BMW's were and few of the LED's bothered the system except critical lights like tail, headlight or directional, repeaters, etc.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went the other route and turned them into actual fogs. Yellow H11 bulbs. I guess that is my nod to the old merc's i grew up driving.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went the other route and turned them into actual fogs. Yellow H11 bulbs. I guess that is my nod to the old merc's i grew up driving.
I almost went that route, as the yellow you can actually see in the fog! :) My current LEDs match the LED accents very well, but do not emit much light.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV