Loading GPS Coordinates in Nav System?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone loaded personal POIs, GPS coordinates or waypoints into the 2012+ Nav system using a USB stick or something? There are a number of POI sites on the web. Also the ability to download off road trail waypoints that go along with books like those from Funtreks. I can load them onto a GPS device or possibly my iPhone or iPad. But I can also see it being useful to load them into the LR4's nav system as I plan out a route.

If you have done this can you point to instructions? (Couldn't find them in the online "owners manual".)

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to know if anyone, to Dan's point, has used the "Off-Road" mode of their Navigation. Does it work? Any thing it does special? I have yet to play with it.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is this "off-road mode" navigation you speak of?

(My user manual is not in English)

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is this "off-road mode" navigation you speak of?

(My user manual is not in English)

Not really sure. Just know if I hit the Nav button twice it pops up asking on-road or off-road.

Like I said. I have not had a chance to play with it.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to the Vermont Land Rover Experience instructor, the off-road guidance will take you through roads usually less travelled. For example class IV roads in VT or class VI roads in NH, unmaintained local roads/highways.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV