doors won't stay locked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpjp321

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm new to this site. Just purchased a 98 Discovery and the doors will not stay locked. When locking with remote or with lock button, all locks go down but immediately pop back up. I disconnected the driver's side actuator and the other 3 doors will stay locked. The driver's door will lock with the key. The key fob has a new battery. We just installed a new (used) driver's actuator and the locks still pop back up so I am guessing the actuator is not the problem.
Any thoughts on how can I fix this would be greatly appreciated.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I had a similar issue and I don't recall what I did to fix the issue... let me go back through my records if no one else pipes up.

mpjp321

Reaction score
Thank you. Any help is greatly appreciated. Daughter is taking it 2000 miles away to college in three weeks and we really need to get it to lock correctly.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay, basically one of you locks is not working properly and is springing backup up causing them all to unlock...

Check each lock.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV