Long Ranger fuel tank for sale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

El Solis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having both I will say that the cool factor of the 110 is unmatched BUT it comes with a price. I have a 200tdi so awesome MPGs but slow. 65 mph fully loaded with the ac on is about all you want to do (yes it has ac, yes it complicates the engine power/work space/etc but so so worth it). The AC sucks for cooling the whole cabin so I have small fans for the rear seats and a drop curtain to isolate the rear cargo area and keep the cold air in a smaller space. I haven't off roaded the LR4 but for a family on a hot day going up big Sierra passes it is really the way to go. My son is 3 and doesn't care about ac etc and there have been times were he needed a towel soaked in ice water to help keep him cool (when the truck was running warm and I had the ac off). So if you understand these limitations with the 110 you will be fine. I plan on using both depending on the trip.
Now if you build up a 110 with the 4.6 and rear ac and a huge radiator you will be set!!

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having both I will say that the cool factor of the 110 is unmatched BUT it comes with a price. I have a 200tdi so awesome MPGs but slow. 65 mph fully loaded with the ac on is about all you want to do (yes it has ac, yes it complicates the engine power/work space/etc but so so worth it). The AC sucks for cooling the whole cabin so I have small fans for the rear seats and a drop curtain to isolate the rear cargo area and keep the cold air in a smaller space. I haven't off roaded the LR4 but for a family on a hot day going up big Sierra passes it is really the way to go. My son is 3 and doesn't care about ac etc and there have been times were he needed a towel soaked in ice water to help keep him cool (when the truck was running warm and I had the ac off). So if you understand these limitations with the 110 you will be fine. I plan on using both depending on the trip.
Now if you build up a 110 with the 4.6 and rear ac and a huge radiator you will be set!!

The latter is the idea. I already have a NAS d-90 with a 2.8tdi power ******. It is good, makes solid power but for a 110, gas is what you really need to go with. As much as I love diesel, unless a cheap enough TD5 can be found.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised you haven't sold that tank yet, a couple of local owners and fellow LR club members I know were really interested (I sent them the link to this thread), I bet someone snatches it from you soon.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True that!!!! P Fab is mine for quite some time :)))))))))
I need one day since he is holding my Kaymar for me at work! :) I am so curious how your Kaymar install goes - is he up to that yet or still working on the long range fuel tank?

Remind him that I sold you the LHS tire carrier that came with my Kaymar.

Pedram also needs a little time to build my tire swing away.

Then, Chris can have him. Haha!!!

Chris, I bet you start modifying the LR4 very soon. ;-)

I can't wait to see it in person and I love your 110!!!

I don't think we have even met, right?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi - funny because I was thinking of the same!!! Well - I will keep the disco 4 for family camping/off-roading trips but I am thinking of getting a D90 that I could use for single trips. I just want to import one and very soon they will hit 25 yrs old and thus you can do it without any issues with customs!!!
I'm not quite handy enough to go that route, though I would love it.

Being that I am not in UT a lot, also depends on if I move back to New England.

I think I will keep my LR4 long term. Probably the only thing that would sway me is if I love the upcoming new Defender (likely not).

If I move back to New England, I think I will get a Defender as a project for me and my dad.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA