3 Year Service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattypV50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Taking my 2011 in for it's 3 year service next week. I have 45,000km (28,000 miles) on it so far.

This is probably my last service before my factory warranty runs out.

Anyone know if the 3 year service is a big one? As well, anything I should ask before my warranty runs out? I do have a extended 3rd party warranty for the next two years but I always figure the factory warranty is better!

Thanks for any help,
Matt

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 30,000 miles should be a pretty big one. If you plan on keeping it for a long while, consider servicing both diffs and the t/case even though Rover say's it's not needed.

mattypV50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Disco Mike. I'll probably take you up on that suggestion.

Any idea on what they will charge for that? Just curious.

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did oil and break fluid service on 30k service. Dealer did it cost me 700 I think

mattypV50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got the car back from service. All was pretty good. $899 (CDN) for the 3 year service.

They found a few bulbs out and that was replaced under warranty as was the bonnet open sensor.

The brakes are still at 8mm and that's with approx. 26,000km on them. They said they are 13mm new. I'm not driving the LR4 in the city as much as when we first got it so I think I might get another 1.5 - 2 years out of these pads. I only drive around 12,000km per year.

Had the winter tires installed at the same time.

Nice to have it all tuned up for the winter.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did oil and break fluid service on 30k service. Dealer did it cost me 700 I think

Damn!

I could do both those jobs (with the help of another human pushing the brake pedal on command) in 1 hour and worst-case 2. ~$150 in materials. At $135/hour, given they have the equipment to do this even easier, $400 sounds to me like the absolute ceiling for this.

I thought Mini wanting $500-600 for replacing a thermostat housing was steep. Heck, that was an annoying 3 hour job and includes $150 in parts. And far more complex than basic fluid changes (drain coolant, disconnect a dozen houses and multiple plugs, remove airbox, limited access, etc). Still, happy to have saved $400.

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had my 3 year service performed yesterday and it cost $500. I had already replaced the 2 engine air filters and cabin pollen filter. They did oil change and other fluids as prescribed. Also performed a CPU update for the engine and changed the fuse for the heated windshield. I have ~30k miles and still on my first set of pads/rotors. 5mm left on rear and 8mm on front. Told rotors will be good for another set and that most people get 2 sets of pads worth from their rotors. Use is mixed highway/city (60/40) and I don't consider myself an overly aggressive driver, but certainly not grandma style. OEM Contis are also wearing down and suggested a change before winter, which I had already planned on. Funny thing was, when I asked about tire options and recommendations, they had little to no knowledge or opinion of Coopers and DuraTracs. In any event, I have been consistently happy with the service dept of my dealership.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV