Anyone done Exhaust upgrades?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just FYI, I bit the bullet and went for the Magnaflow. It's being shipped from manufacturer to Summit Racing, then to me overseas via FedEx. I will be sure to post some clips for those that might be interested!

Definitely going to install the standard outlet version. The quad pipes look cool and all, but you lose departure angles big time.

EDIT: Oops, didn't see your reply above. Good to know it comes with both tips.

Does the kit come with both quads and bent / under bumper tips? It looks like it does from the parts breakdown above, but wasn't sure if the standard tips were an extra cost option, or if you need to specify which one you want upon ordering.

I look forward to your review... I have heard diametrically opposed opinions on Magnaflow exhaust by LR3/4 owners. Some say it sounds fantastic when punching it but is as silent as the stock setup otherwise, some say there is a constant drone in the car even at idle or at highway speeds. I wouldn't want the drone, personally. I had an Overfinch cat-back exhaust on my old RRS and it sounded great, but Overfinch makes nothing for the Disco/LR4 AFAIK. And if it does, it usually costs a fortune. And, Overfinch seems to go bankrupt every few years. :biggrin:

HikeNbike

Reaction score
i have the magna flo exhaust system... what questions do you have friend?

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I just ordered it and waiting for the shipping. My question would be, how do you like yours?

HikeNbike

Reaction score
its awesome... the truck sounds tougher.... you'll notice a slight increase in power. i do warn you that it is loud. im already kind of annoyed with the 2000 rpm long distance drive roar... im debating on removing the X pipe section and or adding an additional muffler.
I only replaced mine with magna flow because i destroyed my oem exhaust off roading.. You will be happy with it, keep you stock system in case you want to add the muffler to your new system. and for the love of god please dont use the silver quad tips.. if you do even the slightest off roading you'll tear them right off

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, hopefuly the highway drone isnt that bad. Upside is living in Qatar, the entire country is basically one city. It's about 20-30 minute drive to the dunes and the rest is city driving. I just want the thing to sound beefier. The stock system is probably the most mellow NA V8 I have ever heard on a truck.

HikeNbike

Reaction score
that's interesting... someone from Qatar wanted to buy my LR and ship it there.... Good luck

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strange. They have Land Rover here, but the problem is there is only one dealer with one owner. They set the prices and if you dont like it they are happy to watch you walk out the door. The showroom pricing is about $75k on an LR4 here! I was able to pick up one of the sponsor courtesy cars that was used at a sporting event here. It had about 2k miles on it and I picked it up for $54k with 5 year warranty, which was a steal here locally.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its awesome... the truck sounds tougher.... you'll notice a slight increase in power. i do warn you that it is loud. im already kind of annoyed with the 2000 rpm long distance drive roar... im debating on removing the X pipe section and or adding an additional muffler.
I only replaced mine with magna flow because i destroyed my oem exhaust off roading.. You will be happy with it, keep you stock system in case you want to add the muffler to your new system. and for the love of god please dont use the silver quad tips.. if you do even the slightest off roading you'll tear them right off

Do you have more detail or pics of the off road exhaust damage? How did that happen and what was damaged?

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: I am on day 2 with the Magnaflow installed. I definitely have to agree that there is a very noticeable drone around 1500-1900 rpm. Idle is a near silent low grumble (good) and accelleration sounds amazing. All-in, I am on the fence with this one. It really lacks refinement in that it seems to resonate a bit too obnoxiously for me at the aforementioned 1500-1900 (50'ish mph?). It loses that loud resonation and settles well around 2krpm+ (60-70mph?).

One major issue I have with it is that you lose some ground clearance. For whatever reason, the muffler sticks down half an inch or so below the frame rails. The thing I dont get is that there is plenty of overhead room to have piped it up at a better angle. Thankfully I dont have rock climbling here in the desert, otherwise it would be a prime target for getting slapped flat faced into a rock.

Clearance on the oversized spare wheel was very good. Despite having a slightly larger diameter pipe, it's got a solid inch of clearance from the tire. Everything from the muffler back fit up exceptionally well.

I will be sure to upload a pic or two in the next couple days.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA