Finally!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First, I want to thank many of you who have provided advice and encouragement over the past four months. I can truly say that were it not for this forum I would have abandoned the LR4 idea a long time ago and would have "settled" for a Land Cruiser. :roll eyes:

Before we go any further I should tell you that a couple of vehicles ago as I was listening to the Nav system on a long, solo road trip I decided to name what was then an RX350. Being extremely creative I came up with the name Alexis. Sort of a classy, sophisticated name. Then when I bought the Acura MDX last year I decided to continue the tradition. (Female names probably because the voice response voice is female and maybe because I spent a lot of time around boats.) So I call the MDX "Maddie". A bit more fun.

So with that background let me introduce Lara. (I'll let you figure out the movie inference. It seems to fit given the nature of this vehicle.)

No amazing off road pics yet. No pics with one wheel on a boulder and another half way up a tree. And no accessories. Yet. But at least I drove up to the ridge above our house. Sort of puts it in a more proper setting. And it gives you a sense of one of my "virtual offices". :biggrin:

Once again, thanks to everyone and I look forward to continuing to learn more from you in the months ahead!

Dan

P.S. My IIDTool arrived today. Dangerous!

Attachments

• DSC00170.jpg
    DSC00170.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC00166.jpg
    DSC00166.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL!

Awesome, looks great!
What color is that? you're going to need to create a sig now ;-)

Nara Bronze. I very seriously considered Fuji White or Corris Grey with Black Pack. But in our case this was (mostly) a gift from my father to my wife and I so I had to give her a say in something. My previous 3 cars were white. She didn't mind the Corris but, being in Colorado and in the hills/mountains a lot bronze just seems to fit better.

Yep, I'll get right on that sig!

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like Nara Bronze from the photos I've seen. If I'd been able to view that one in person I just may have chosen it. Enjoy!

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As for the color there was a tense moment when my wife arrived at the dealership. She hasn't been that involved in the process. As she drove in she saw one of the LR2's with more of a "copper/orange-ish" color. She though, "Oh, no! Is that what we ordered!"

JMC08

Reaction score
Looks great! I love nara bronze on the LR4. I see you Arabica for the interior. My favorite. Which trim did you opt for? How long did it take from order to delivery? I don't think going for a Land Cruiser would have been settling however. They are both fantastic off-road/luxury machines. A dying bread for sure. Congrats on the new truck!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am SO happy to see these photos - it looks awesome. It makes me miss my Nara Bronze 2011 - such a nice color on the LR4, especially in a beautiful place like CO.

Hey, just think, you brought on a dirt road on day 2 - that's more than most folks have done in the life of an LR4. :)

Congratulations again!!!!!!!

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Day Has Finally Come!

Congrats DAN!!! Finally got your vehicle!! So excited for you to have gotten your ride and hopefully you have no issues like Water and I have had.

avus9

Reaction score
First, let me congratulate and welcome you to our exclusive family.

Second, I'm old enough to remember when Land Rovers didn't even offer navigation as an option - case in point, our '96 RR 4.0SE. Not until our '01 RR 4.6HSE did we have navi - which Land Rover creatively named JAMES, for Journey Assistance and Mapping Exploration System.
Been calling each of my subsequent new LRs James since then...

Again, congrats w/ Lara.

Lone Star landy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations Dan!! Looks terrific! I love nara bronze, especially in its native habitat:)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV