Finally!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bronze is the adequate color for Colorado. Congrats on the new truck.
Make sure to use it in its original state before you make any changes to it, you'll be amazed how capable it is (the IIDTool will only add to this).
I do like your office a lot ;)

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice! I ended up getting Nara Bronze with Arabica interior as well.
:driver:

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! I love nara bronze on the LR4. I see you Arabica for the interior. My favorite. Which trim did you opt for? How long did it take from order to delivery? I don't think going for a Land Cruiser would have been settling however. They are both fantastic off-road/luxury machines. A dying bread for sure. Congrats on the new truck!

LUX trim. Ordered end of January. Received yesterday.

As for the Land Cruiser, I started this process believing that is what I wanted. Had one about 15 years ago. Loved it. But the interior layout matters to me - and they haven't moved it forward. That was the biggest issue as we intend to camp and "operate" out of the back of this thing.

(A funny story. One of the first things my wife did when looking over the LR4 yesterday was to make all the seats flat and then lay down to see how it would work with sleeping bags/mats if we were camping. And we're both in our '60's. I love my wife!) The point is that the use of interior space was big for us. The Land Cruiser had some features that would have been nice. And vice versa.

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats! I'm loving mine so far! I'm sure you'll love yours!

The best part is I keep getting surprised by little things that make me love it even more. Like the puddle lights at night... and the Meridian stereo... wow.

The only annoying thing so far is that I like using the curb view cameras when going in and out of parking spots. That view is just so many button presses to get to. Is that something I could fix with the IIDTool? Could I reprogram the dash button for the T Junction cameras to default to the curb view or maybe surround view?

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats! The only annoying thing so far is that I like using the curb view cameras when going in and out of parking spots. That view is just so many button presses to get to. Is that something I could fix with the IIDTool? Could I reprogram the dash button for the T Junction cameras to default to the curb view or maybe surround view?

I'll see what I can figure out. The first thing I need to do is get some back roads waypoint routes from FunTreks loaded into the nave system. And maybe download some POIs off the internet and do the same with those.

And burn 10 CDs worth of playlist stuff and copy it onto the hard drive.

And hang the lift system in my garage so I can lift the basket/crossbars/camping gear off the truck.

And test out the fit of the tent that wraps over the stern of this thing.

And figure out how to turn down the volume of the voice command response (er, Lara) or shut her off altogether.

And then I need to install my IIDTool and brick my whole system.

And, oh yeah, drive a little.

But if I figure it out I'll let you know!

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And figure out how to turn down the volume of the voice command response (er, Lara) or shut her off altogether.

The nav direction volume was LOUD! I couldn't figure out how to turn it down. My wife said she figured it out, but I didn't ask how she did it. I'm just sitting down now to finish reading the owners manual. I'll keep an eye out for that setting for you.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
She is a beauty Dan, congratulations and enjoy it in good health. I will be looking forward to those photos from The Great Divide in the summer, I was in Ouray once and did some passes there with my old Sport and a group of Land Rover friends (including Boaz...) One of the most beautiful places I've ever been to, really. It took my breath away.

zenphx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nara Lara? (Sorry, couldn't resist :)

But then I couldn't resist Lara in Dr Zhivago either !

Very nice Dan. Congratulations.

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome to see Dan and that is some great scenery!

Not that I ever met you, but from reading around here I highly respect the entire process you took from step 1 to driving "Lara" home. I'm not sure I ever dug into something as much as you did to try and learn everything you could prior to even taking ownership of the LR4. Congrats!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The nav direction volume was LOUD! I couldn't figure out how to turn it down. My wife said she figured it out, but I didn't ask how she did it. I'm just sitting down now to finish reading the owners manual. I'll keep an eye out for that setting for you.
When you hear the navigation voice, immediately turn down the volume and the voice will adjust accordingly as you turn up/down the volume. That is the easy way to adjust the navigation voice and the parking sensor beep.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi