DuraTracs - Handling?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been running the same pressure all around at 44psi for city/highway driving.
However when off-roading I go down to 36/42...
Is there a reason for sticking with the same pressure all around even though LR recommends to run lower front...
Thank you
PS I will try the 40 you recommend for on road driving. What do you recommend for off-road?
Hey Axel... I have the same question, I run slightly less in front than in the back to somewhat stick with LR recommendations, but with the weight of my truck, and my BFG E-rated tires, not sure if that's needed. Once I had the Kaymar in the back, then the rear will become about 300 pounds heavier.

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input everyone. I'm likely going to make a purchase in the next few weeks, and of course I'll post some pics with the new shoes on.

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
265/65R18 BFG TA/ KO
I keep 6 PSI difference between front and rear for everyday driving.
Currently at 42/48 PSI cold.
For off roading I air down most of the time to 33-35 hot , all around.
I do not know if this is right or not but is works OK for me.
I have tactical rovers rock sliders and asfir sump guard and will be adding soon tactical rovers t-case and fuel tank skid plates. So another 100lb in addition to 200 lb rock sliders.
I will try to stay with this pressure or maybe add 2 PSI.
Any recommendations?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep your tire pressure equal, it will be easier on your traction control. Also, if you have 8 ply rated"D" tires, you can easily run down to 2o pounds for rough or sandy trails, you'll have much better traction and a more comfortable ride.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If 44 works for you, that is great. By the way, which load rated tire are you running C's, D's or E's? That really determines the actual air pressure to run.
Rover's recomondations are for a softer ride. As for off road wheeling, I have always run around 18 for much better ride and traction.

Load rating is 114 on these. The load range is SL. They're very flexible and really solid at the same time.
At 36/42 they, I can see them flex when going over rocks.
I probably should run around 34 all around for most of the offroading I do.
Discount Tire advised not to go lower than 34. I assume they meant on road at regular speed.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Axel... I have the same question, I run slightly less in front than in the back to somewhat stick with LR recommendations, but with the weight of my truck, and my BFG E-rated tires, not sure if that's needed. Once I had the Kaymar in the back, then the rear will become about 300 pounds heavier.

Hey David,
Based on Disco Mike advise I will run the same pressure front and rear.
I'm gonna test 40psi which is 80% of max pressure. If need be I'll try 42 and 44 again.

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This looks to be the set I get when the stocks wear out. I've only been doing a 4 tire rotation so my full size spare is still brand new. Anyone know if this tire fits in the wheel well? I believe other options had to air down for the spare to fit properly. Also are there places (or LR) that will give credit for my never seen the road spare tire if I buy 5? Is is better to do the 4 tire rotation or 5? My previous car had different sizes tires f/r and didn't have a full size spare so my rotation was different...

Adrenalinsports

Reaction score
I just got the duratracks a few weeks ago. They are LT275/65 R18 (E load max psi 80) on compomotive wheels. I wanted a really good off road tire that was still fairly quite on the road and good on the ice and snow. This is not my daily driver so a little road noise was ok. They hum just a little louder than my BFG all terrians did, but they don't bother me. They have been good on road, and very good in mud and rocks. I push my LR4 harder than most people do. So I wanted an aggressive tire. They also look amazing.

I run them at 45 psi front and rear on the road and 20 psi off road. If I'm in sand then about 17psi.

If you don't need that agressive of a tire I would look at the Cooper Discovery AT3. They smoked the overall competition in the Overland Journal Magazine test. Surprisingly to everyone the BFG AT's were not good. But I'm sure the new BFG's (2nd version) will be great.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you go about fitting that size? Major mods? (rear ac reroute, etc?)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA