High Mileage Lease

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hayseed_LR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coming off a X5 and drive approx 40k miles per year. Mostly highway business/travel miles.

Love the LR4 and have been wanting to get one. Especially now before they lose their boxiness.

Do they have high mileage leases available on the LR4? For example, BMW allows up to 100k miles so it would be a 24 month 40k miles per year lease. This allows me to put the mileage on it and then turn in for new one.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can create almost any kind of lease you want. Single upfront payment for the entire lease, or a ton of miles and no downpayment. However, the subsidized lease programs will usually offer the best value and they will certainly not have 40,000 miles on them.

I don't really see the point in the lease method for your circumstances. I would just calculate the approximate value after 2 years and 80,000 miles and then finance it over as many years as it takes such that 24 payments will leave you at the breakeven point on the LR4. Same end result, but you have control over the vehicle and the option to haggle the value with multiple dealers or sell it privately. Or keep it a third year, or whatever you want.

neezer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or, just lease it anyway, for whatever. 15k a year. And then before the lease is over, just deal with it in the used market: Sell it privately, or trade it in to a LR or non-LR dealer, and you get what you're offered...and honestly these days things seem to be on your side there: LR products are simply holding their values astonishingly-well (compared especially to your typical Q7, X5, GLE, QX56/QX80, etc.).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV