LR4 Side Wallow (Leaning)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pfcboi

Reaction score
I'm thinking about purchasing a new LR4 but notice that it wallows (lean) a lot during turning or on uneven surfaces. It make my wife motion sick.

Any ideas or suggestions (other than not buying the LR4)?

Disco4Play

Reaction score
I have no issues and I think my 2012 handles like a dream. I guess some may be less tolerant than others on the ride quality.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any 6000lb suv with ground clearance is gonna lean. yes i noticed this too but it is gonna lean.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any 6000lb suv with ground clearance is gonna lean. yes i noticed this too but it is gonna lean.

^^This^^

Unless you change out the suspension to rock hard stiffness (defeats the purpose of a LR), you can't change physics!

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am actually always surprised when I take a long fast curve at how composed and how little it leans. I suppose if you jump into an LR4 and take a quick city corner it will lean and you just have to get used to it.

What kind of vehicle are you used to?

eye.surgeon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever had a Land Rover before? You don't even know the meaning of body roll unless you've driven an older Range Rover or Disco. Those things felt like they would tip over.

It's the nature of the beast. The LR4 actually handles itself pretty well for the heavyweight that it is. That thing outweighs my enormous F140 supercrew.

waybigdog

Reaction score
Compared to my 2003 Land Cruiser the 2016 LR4 handles like a Ferrari. I am shocked how well the LR4 grips and does not lean.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV