Melvill and Moon Car Seat Cover & UV Privacy Car Shades :: Pictures ::

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOMartin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adding this thread in hopes it would help others in their research.

I found it difficult to find pictures and reviews on the two products specific to the LR4 Discovery 4.

Melvill and Moon: Sand, Discovery 4 HSE 5 Seat package. I took the plunge, logged on to M&M website and simply placed the order. Shipping to the east cost of US was a little less $200. The seat covers came packaged within a very nice carry-bag; this was all then placed within a heavy duty plastic bag which must have protected the covers from any odors.
The covers fit perfectly as expected, the instructions are useless and you must be good with your hands. A nice extra which I didn't see posted on the website is that they included the center console cover.

Trunk protection: LR4 Custom-Fit Cargo Liner Trunk Mat from North American Custom Covers Amazon.com: Land Rover LR3 & LR4 Custom-fit Cargo Liner Trunk Mat: Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51kxFBGyOsL.@@AMEPARAM@@51kxFBGyOsL

I trashed the hard rubber OEM trunk cover for this liner. The liner allows me to easily roll it away when the 7 seats are needed; while also protecting the vertical surfaces in the trunk and back of the M&M seats.

UVCARSHADES: I purchased them from amazon UK, Vanstyle. UV Privacy Car Shades (Set of 6) Discovery 5 DOOR 2004-on: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41RE92T7PJL.@@AMEPARAM@@41RE92T7PJL
Very easy install, yes you do have to tape in four clips on the rear doors. Day/night driving has not been impacted. The ability to vent while avoiding bugs from creeping in is priceless. I haven't preformed any temperature readings yet to see how much of a difference it makes.

Window down,

Rear Window,

Last edited:

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a very similar looking set of screens for my BME 5 wagon through BMW parts but they look and sound identical. The plus you didn't mention is that in states where window tinting is regulated at certain %, these allow you to use legal tint while still enjoying practically 100% privacy. More of an issue in cars than trucks as trucks/suvs usually are allowed near 100%.

Ok, I kind of wish you hadn't told me about the M&M products....

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much - this was very helpful!!!

I will have to take a look at the website and see if they have other colors.

By the way, is that a greyhound???

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice stuff, sand and black. Don't even look at the luggage or outdoor camp furniture. It's pretty cool stuff ;)

LOMartin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much - this was very helpful!!!

I will have to take a look at the website and see if they have other colors.

By the way, is that a greyhound???

Yup it's an ex racer greyhound, Easi Big Easi. Fantastic animals, they're the fastest laziest dogs in the world. Picked him up just a few weeks ago and I'm going back this week to hopefully adopt another.

Here he is last year ready to rock,
A386D3A1-DCAA-477D-9FCD-51AFD7D23806.jpg

LOMartin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice stuff, sand and black. Don't even look at the luggage or outdoor camp furniture. It's pretty cool stuff ;)

You can get lucky on M&M bags and furniture using eBay.Uk

The price of the M&M seat covers is really not much more then Exmoor. Also, the fact that Exmoor just completely ripped off M&M design didn't sit well with me.

Yes M&M is expensive, but you truly get a quality product. If anyone is on the south/east coast US and wants to check this stuff out just let me know and we'll set up a meet.

I'll post up some professional type pictures when I get chance.

I really want to get as much information out on these products as possible; the lack of reviews and images delayed my research by months.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you located? I'll be in MD and NC in a few weeks or so.

LOMartin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you located? I'll be in MD and NC in a few weeks or so.

Currently in Savannah, GA. I'll be in Asheville mid June for a few days as travel west to Yellowstone. Going to spend a month of the road, enjoying America

Ksyrahsirah

Reaction score
Incredible! The M&M site sure is fun to poke around :) I'm in the market for some seat covers for my LR4HSE Lux. I have light colored leather now but darker pants/jeans are no bueno on the seats, and when we do road trips and haul stuff and in the future, horsey stuff...it'd be nice to have some stylish protection. Was looking to go in the sheep skin route but the more I talk that up the more it seems I too am stuck in the past with my style choice!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut