19" Tires ONLY - Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for 19" tires these days? Tire Rack has a bunch now (Contis, Latitudes, Michelin "Premiers," Pirellis, etc.). My Contis are done at 37K and I have Hakkas for winter. I'm about to put Hakkas on (no need so far on the east coast) and then switch over to a summer tire in March/April.

I'm looking for the best 19" road tires. I have no need for off-road tires. I go off-road quite a bit, but not so much that I want an aggressive tire.

Frankly, the Contis have been fine. Anyone recommend anything else?

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Latitudes are a good choice, much better than the OE Contis. If your Hakkas are getting worn, you could always go with a Nokian WRG3 year-round.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just put the premier Michelins on a couple of months back. nice road tire. my previous cooper LTZ gave me all kinds of problems

TXLR4

Reaction score
contis were junk on mine. ended up replacing them all at ~15k (had ruined one with a nail in the sidewall...long story). Went with bridgestone dueler alenzas...very happy so far at 30k

elrocko

Reaction score
Had Toyo Proxes- they were terrible. Now I have Latitudes and they are great.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Continentals have been just fine, but I'm still looking for the Michelin Synchrone-style tire that I had on my old LR3. Those were great, replacing the crap Wranglers that were OEM back then.

The Latitudes weren't the same as the Synchrones. I was thinking that the "Premiers" may be closer, but who knows. I just want a decently quiet ride that won't hydroplane when wet.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot about those horrible Wranglers that came on the LR3. Hydroplaning was so bad that I replaced them with ATR's at 3K miles.

We run Hakkas on both LR4's in winter and my wife's LR4 stays on pavement so I may try these new Nokians on her LR4 next summer:

https://www.nokiantires.com/summer-tires/nokian-zline-suv/

They should be really quiet and smooth, which is what we need for a change. The LTZ's are great in the rain but they get a little loud when worn down.

Which brings me to another dilemma with the LTZ's...most of our offroad driving is on sand in the summer. When new, the LTZ's tend to dig more than float on sand. They work great on sand when half worn and steer much better in sand than a typical all season tire. But as I noted, they get louder as they wear. Too bad the ATR's were discontinued, they seemed to be the perfect compromise between on road and sand driving.

jim6090

Reaction score
I have Toyo Proxes ST II -- could not be happier. Quiet, smooth Wear well. Not terrible offroad. My LR dealer recommends them for LR4. Ours is a CPO. Ours had a new set of them who we got it at 33K miles.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Toyo Proxes ST II -- could not be happier. Quiet, smooth Wear well. Not terrible offroad. My LR dealer recommends them for LR4. Ours is a CPO. Ours had a new set of them who we got it at 33K miles.
UH, come on. I am sure there is always room for more Happiness and please, ...define OFF ROAD in Proxes...

Last edited:

PeterA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for 19" tires these days? Tire Rack has a bunch now (Contis, Latitudes, Michelin "Premiers," Pirellis, etc.). My Contis are done at 37K and I have Hakkas for winter. I'm about to put Hakkas on (no need so far on the east coast) and then switch over to a summer tire in March/April.

I'm looking for the best 19" road tires. I have no need for off-road tires. I go off-road quite a bit, but not so much that I want an aggressive tire.

Frankly, the Contis have been fine. Anyone recommend anything else?

The first week I had my preowned MY13 with the stock Contis I hydroplaned down a mild slope and I knew I was replacing the tires. That's how I found this forum. I replaced the Contis with the Nokian WRG2 all weather tire (since replaced by the G3) and was blown away by the improved traction, even on dry roads. I've had them a year now, through rain, snow and slush and they have exceeded my expectations in all conditions.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA