19" Tires ONLY - Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first week I had my preowned MY13 with the stock Contis I hydroplaned down a mild slope and I knew I was replacing the tires. That's how I found this forum. I replaced the Contis with the Nokian WRG2 all weather tire (since replaced by the G3) and was blown away by the improved traction, even on dry roads. I've had them a year now, through rain, snow and slush and they have exceeded my expectations in all conditions.

A lot of people don't realize how good these Nokian are. I had WRG2 s on my LR3 before anybody here heard of them, when they first came out.Superior all around tire, that lasted me over 55 000 miles with 4mm thread left . When they came out with WRG3 ,it was no brainer to me , that it will be my next on road set for me.This one is also very quiet on the road .

andyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just put the premier Michelins on a couple of months back. nice road tire. my previous cooper LTZ gave me all kinds of problems

What kind of problems? I had these on my RRS and they were great.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of people don't realize how good these Nokian are. I had WRG2 s on my LR3 before anybody here heard of them, when they first came out.Superior all around tire, that lasted me over 55 000 miles with 4mm thread left . When they came out with WRG3 ,it was no brainer to me , that it will be my next on road set for me.This one is also very quiet on the road .

thorgal, are you running the Nokians year-round? I'm in the DC area where we get a nominal amount of winter weather and I'm in the market for new tires. My only "off-roading" is occasional dirt/gravel/timber trails; no rock crawling or mud wallowing. However, I want something a touch more than the Bridgestone Duellers I have now. I would rather not swap into dedicated winter shoes every season because our conditions and my ability to drive in snow don't warrant that. The WRG3s have my attention. Thx.

Last edited:

gamh2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered from Tirerack General Grabber UHP set. Current Contis have 30k and won't pass state inspection. First time I will use them in my LR4. I have used them before with a MB ML and lasted 50k. Good grip on and off road, low noise, great wet traction and cornering. Let's see how it goes with the LE4.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X3 on the Nokians. Excellent year-round choice. Did 4wd jeep-roads above Ouray. Good for high speed desert runs, great in the snow. When our Conti's are done we'll be going Nokian.

colorover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One more vote for the Nokians. WRG3's are an amazing tire, good-year round. For the most ******** snow/ice, their R2 is amazing. A little squishy in dry weather as to be expected from a dedicated snow. Both come in 255/55/19.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the latest round of thumbs up for the Nokian WRG3's. I am sourcing them now and seeing if the dealership or my indy shop will match the $882 price I found for 4 of them delivered (via tiresavings.com, $50 less than next closest price).

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thorgal, are you running the Nokians year-round? I'm in the DC area where we get a nominal amount of winter weather and I'm in the market for new tires. My only "off-roading" is occasional dirt/gravel/timber trails; no rock crawling or mud wallowing. However, I want something a touch more than the Bridgestone Duellers I have now. I would rather not swap into dedicated winter shoes every season because our conditions and my ability to drive in snow don't warrant that. The WRG3s have my attention. Thx.

Sorry, just came upon your Q.Somehow this thread slipped my attention.
To answer your Question, YES, i ran them all year around and they are great, well except , when i go off road , then I switch to a Nokian Rottiva, their AT tire and it serves me well.
Previously , I ran Nokian WRG2 and they were excellent, but WRG3 are better and quieter too.For what we have , on East Coast , this is more than enough.i drove with them in 110 F in NJ as well as -27 in Maine.It makes me feel almost over confident , when driving in winter storms.
Rotiva's are not as good on snow as WRG3, but well mannered regardless and very hard wearing.if you look on most AT tire's wearing index , it is usually 450-500.Rottiva has 700 index.I already drove 50 000 miles on them and they still have 60% thread left !
Cheers

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the latitude tour but they are absolute rubbish offroad, I will get the duratracs as soon as this ones go out, have them on a chevy pickup and they've been great so far

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72