IID Tool question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jkukura

Reaction score
Ok I purchased one of the Bluetooth IID tools. I changed the global entry for the windows and added the Digital Speedo.

I am not looking at changing ride height right now.

I will be getting a new key and setting that to the car. But was curious what else people adjust?

Is there a way to adjust the ambient lighting?

sparrky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have turned on daily running lights, digital speedo and turned off the beep when locking.

I also use the "save/restore" to lower the vehicle during winter when I need to get it in an out of the garage when I have the roof ski box on.

Other than that, I haven't used it to change any other settings.

Christianmotox

Reaction score
Whats the parameter name to add the speedo?

Im on the same boat as you, i havent done a lot of changes, ive read a lot of post of people making changes but have no idea how exactly what parameter they changed to make the changes.

Stealther

Reaction score
I was thinking of buying one as well, does it not come with a list of things you can change? Kind of disappointing to hear. I was hoping to turn off the auto-fold mirrors when locking.
Sparrky, what lamp is used for the DRL?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The chart on GAP's web site has a pretty thorough and up-to-date functionality list after you enter your model / model year:

http://www.gap-diagnostic.com/products/iidtool/

To see details of what you can enable / disable / configure, click on the green arrows under the "Configuration" and/or "More" columns of the various available modules. FYI, power fold mirrors - found under BCM, or Body Control Module - can be disabled completely, enabled or enabled "with logic" (the factory setting, meaning they will fold automatically when you lock the doors.) I like mine to fold when I lock the doors - you can see from a distance if you remembered to lock your car that way - but the option to disable autofold is available.

The LR4 uses low beams (halogens or xenons, depending on your trim) for DRLs.

Last edited:

farwellbooth

Reaction score
Does any other company make this other than Gap Diagnostics? Is it possible to by the Land Rover version? Probably very expensive and not for sale...

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Land Rover "version" is in the tens of thousands... And you can't buy it new, unless you are an authorized dealer. Other aftermarket and more affordable diagnostic systems are available though, first ones that spring to mind are the Faultmate MSV2 and Nanocom by Black Box Solutions: https://blackbox-solutions.com/

The main appeal of the IIDTool is that it does at least 90% of what a more "traditional" and expensive system such as the Faultmate does, in a tiny module you can toss in your glove box and whip out any time you need it, with a built-in, vehicle integrated user interface (and/or optional, Bluetooth-enabled app) that requires no cables, power supplies, laptops, etc. to operate. You could have the best diagnostic system in thew world set up in your garage at home, but if you are on the road and need to read or reset a fault, adjust your suspensions, and so on, even the Land Rover blessed hardware and software will do you no good.

Last edited:

farwellbooth

Reaction score
Can the auto rain sensing wipers be turned off to old school manual on/off with adjustable frequency? I looked at the Gap Diagnostics options and I don't see wipers listed.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rain sensor can be disabled with IIDTool (Car Config > BCM > Rain Sensors), but honestly I don't know if that would work - never tried. As the car has a single sensor for rain and light (the latter used by the auto headlamps), turning off the rain sensor may have other collateral and undesired effects... Or no effect at all. The good news is that you can always revert back to enabling the sensor if that messes up your auto headlamps.

Last edited:

Stealther

Reaction score
I was doing some research since I couldn't sleep and I found this on the gap-diagnostic FAQ (see pic).

Basically it says the maximum adjusted speed for Off-Road or Access height is limited to 60kph. Is this still true or is the FAQ out of date?

Could you simply adjust the normal access height to the off-road height in order to drive faster at the Off-Road height?

Attachments

• gap tool question.jpg
    gap tool question.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 55

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV