IID Tool question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The FAQ says they may implement stock speed changes in the future. AFAIK, they haven't added that option thus far, so everything stays stock as far as speed limits for the various height modes are concerned. It is already possible to permanently drive at higher or lower heights (at every setting) by adjusting the suspensions' height with IIDTool.

USMCLR3

Reaction score
umbertob: I have the IID Bluetooth and added 25mm lift all around. That means access mode is a little higher than at stock but it still works the same. Street and highway driving is at a higher stance but will not drop due to speed. The IID tool allowed me to reset the baseline so when I'm on the highway, I'm basically at an off road height but the car thinks its normal and does not lower due to speed. The added height gives some slight body roll but I never feel unsafe, even at highway speeds.

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so I am going to bite the bullet on this one, but does anyone know why RoverParts is $200+ more than Lucky8? Also when you order how long does it take? Do you have to provide you VIN when ordering?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AB is almost always more expensive, they do have a huge selection of parts available but competitive prices are usually not their forte. No VIN needed, the module will need to be activated the first time you use it with a unique code (based on your model and VIN) supplied by GAP via email. Also cross shop suppliers in the UK/Europe, several of them ship abroad and with the current, strong US$ you may end up saving quite a bit of dough on these devices. Shipping for such a light and small device from across the pond should be a non-issue, and the only drawback is that you may have to wait an extra week or two before receiving your new toy vs. a US based supplier. You can also buy directly from GAP, http://www.gap-diagnostic.com/

Last edited:

USMCLR3

Reaction score
I purchased mine through Lucky 8 and received it within days (UPS, I believe). You can get a standard IID or the one with Bluetooth (so you can use it on an iPhone, iPad, or Android app). I got the Bluetooth model and am very happy I did. It cost about 100 more but for all the use I get out of it, I would be kicking myself if I had not. The phone app is great. You can display multiple live values, one-click email the fault list to yourself, operate it away from the dash/steering wheel buttons, save settings, etc. For my application, the Bluetooth model has been great. Best of luck.

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered mine from Lucky 8... good thing too. I just got another Air Suspension fault warning. This is the second in fault in 4 weeks. I just replaced a height sensor, but I had to have the dealer pull the code at $150.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011 LR4
On the tool it gives me the option to change the configuration of the radio to allow for streaming audio over Blue Tooth. I know the 2011 were not equipped with this feature or had a factory option for it.
I have the Harmon Logic7 system. Does anyone know if I select the option to allow for streaming audio, will it just screw up my entire system. Or will it actually update the BT drivers in the LR to allow for streaming audio?:confused:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BT Audio streaming wasn't offered on the LR4 until the gen. 2.1 MOST infotainment system was introduced on MY2012s and later. Your 2011 doesn't have the necessary hardware / Bluetooth receiver, so enabling it with IIDTool is not going to make any difference. Probably won't screw up anything, but I wouldn't even chance it if I were you.

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I figured, but would ask anyway just encase it was just a software change.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72