Front tow recovery hooks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

farwellbooth

Reaction score
Any place to bolt on some front tow hooks without modifying the front bumper? I need to crawl under and look... I did some searching here and don't see much.

What hooks and where to bolt?

Many thanks

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a pretty sturdy tow ring under a removable cover in the center of the lower bumper, that's not good enough?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is one behind a cover on the rear bumper, too. :smile: Both are very strong tow points and actually part of the chassis - I've been yanked and have yanked others at both ends, no problem. If you off-road, I'd recommend you remove both covers before you head out, so both recovery points are exposed and easy to reach if you ever need them.

Railey

Reaction score
Best bet is to buy some aftermarket recovery points..

Sent

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why's that? And where would you mount them?
The front one is not huge but adequate. I've snatched a stuck semi truck with the front last winter. The stock rear one is about the beefiest tow hook mount I've ever seen.

Railey

Reaction score
Nope. Neither. The factory points are more for transport so I am told. The aftermarket points are more robust and safer.

Sent

Railey

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454821924.603392.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1454821943.475772.jpg

Sent

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut