Front tow recovery hooks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The factory points are NOT for transport, they are for recovery only. Do you even own a LR4 (in that case, please read your manual before posting inaccurate information) or are you just totally guessing?

Railey

Reaction score
Nope. Just a D1 and D2. Just going by others experience on other forums. Sorry. Was just trying to help.

Sent

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Umberto is right on this. The front and rear are factory built recovery points, and quite beefy at that.

2015-land-rover-lr4---dri-20_600x0w.jpg

Can't find a good web pic of the front point and I am too lazy to take a pic of my own. Bottom line, they are just fine.

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. Just a D1 and D2. Just going by others experience on other forums. Sorry. Was just trying to help.

Sent

We all learn things, all the time.
The LR4s "transportation" and recover points are the same.
I can tell you from experience, and as you have already hear, the factory recovery points are very beefy and the need for any other would be redundant.
Also when looking at any aftermarket sump guard they leave an opening for the front loop for just that reason.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your owner's manual has detailed instructions on how to get to both front and rear recovery points, see the "Vehicle Recovery" chapter.

Daniel Hull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of course, to use the tow hitch recovery D-ring, you have to install the tow hitch receiver, which severely reduces your departure angle on these trucks.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of course, to use the tow hitch recovery D-ring, you have to install the tow hitch receiver, which severely reduces your departure angle on these trucks.

Curious what you mean about this? LR3 / LR4 do not require a tow hitch D ring. I linked a picture of the built in recovery point just a few posts up.

Daniel Hull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few posts earlier someone had recommended using a tow hitch recovery point adapter. I just wanted to point out the limitation...it's hard to use the tow hitch with these trucks in off-road situations.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but we have established that whomever posted that tow hitch thingy suggestion earlier really didn't know what he was talking about... :wink: You'd still want to carry a bow shackle with you to use with the factory recovery eye, but there is no need for a tow hitch receiver with the LR3/4. With older Discos, definitely a good idea.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA