Difference between 2016 Landmark and 2016 HSE Lux ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Initially I thought the Landmark and "Graphite" editions were limited editions, but since there is no other mention on the LRUSA site of HSE Lux anymore, perhaps these are the replacements. Below is a link to the inital announcement I had seen about this. I guess the US version of the Graphite is called a Silver edition.

http://www.autosofdallas.com/blog/2016-land-rover-discovery-landmark-u-s-release-date/

It is commom for LR to gussy up the models with more and more standard features as they reach the end of life point.

I am sure the 2017 will continue the trend before the 2018 Discover 5 is released.

Last edited:

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Catman,

yeah, that's what they are doing. I talked to the factory guys at the LA Autoshow and he told me they were basically clearing inventory by loading up the rigs with options as this is the last year of the real land rover. haha, his words, not mine!

Forty Deuce

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm new here but may be able to shed some small insight into this particular question. I went in, about a month ago, to visit my local LR Dealer and look at the LR4s. At the time they had brochures and website information reflective of the three models of LR4 for 2016; the LR4 Base, LR4 HSE, and LR4 HSE LUX.

After some thought and discussion with the wife I went back last week to order my LR4. The salesman greeted me and explained that I had good timing as the 2016 LR4 was now referred to as the 2016.5 Model in internal Land Rover communications. The HSE and HSE LUX were replaced with the HSE Silver and HSE Landmark, respectively.

The HSE Silver includes some upgrades in the software of the infotainment system, the HD/Sirus Radio, the InControl Apps, the Vision Assist Package, the upgraded 17 speaker Meridian sound system, and a rumor of different HSE Silver Edition tailgate badging.

The Landmark Edition added Bright Silver roof rails, Landmark badging, and some custom colors in addition to all the perks of the HSE Silver and typical HSE LUX.

The intention, as the previous post indicates, is to clear inventory of products which will be of little use once the LR4/Discovery 4 reaches its End of Production. I opted for the HSE Silver. Originally I had intended to purchase the HSE and spec' out a model with nice options within my budget. With the HSE Silver however I wound up being only about $500 over my HSE total and yet with every single option available.

They even replaced the 2016 LR4 brochure with a slightly smaller reprint for a 2016.5 model. (The brochure still says 2016, not 2016.5, but the salesman assured me that internally they are making the writing on the wall pretty plain that the LR4/Discovery 4 platform is done in a matter of months. Notably enough hey have a new LR4 Kit brochure with a list of available options and the Warn Winch made a return which was absent as an avilable option in 2014-2016 publications. I'm hopeful I can get a small discount on the pricing on some of the after factory kit options I'm looking to add but we'll see.

He was pretty excited about emerging Land Rover models and technology but also agreed that the loss of the Defender and LR4/Disco 4 represented the literal "end of an era" for Land Rover and the LR4 was the last "...true to its roots Land Rover in North America."

I should be taking delivery in early May and am pretty excited. I have a poor quality copy of a few pages of the internal document that he showed and if you were interested I could send you a copy.

Last edited:

Forty Deuce

Reaction score
That's it. Seems like a good time to be in the market for an LR4.

Longhorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Newbie here. We had a 2012 full size supercharged RR until about 9 months ago when we traded it in on a Suburban (we needed more room). My wife was getting tired of something so big as a daily driver so after a test drive of a Cayenne GTS, we felt like we were home again when we walked into the Rover dealer. We were all set to pick up a RRS Autobiography and after taking it and a RRS LE for test drives, the sales man said...."I want to show you something, it just came off the truck"

In the back getting prepped was a new Landmark in Zanzibar. It was love at first site. The color was stunning, it's well equipped and for the price I'll be able to keep my beloved Silverado pick-up.

The US package come with:
1) Vision Assist (adaptive headlamps, auto high beam, blind spot monitor, surround camera system, etc)
2) 825 Watt Meridian Surround sound system
3) InControl Apps
4) Extended Silver roof rails
5) Grand black trim finisher
6) 20" Split spoke wheels

We pick her up today and after seeing the spy shots of the new Disco 5, I'm happy to get one of the last of the Disco 4's. I fear it will be the last of an era as it moves into more urban puddle jumper territory.

Pictures don't do it justice and the weather was crap, but here she is....

IMG_1844_zps0mw06ov8.jpg

IMG_1845_zpshtdk6dmy.jpg

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After reading the last couple of posts in this thread, I'm even more grateful to have my own humble 2011 LR4 HSE. I plan to keep it running strong for many years to come.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After reading the last couple of posts in this thread, I'm even more grateful to have my own humble 2011 LR4 HSE. I plan to keep it running strong for many years to come.

Amen!

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice color, Longhorn. And great choice of vehicle. I know the RR and RRS have more "luxury" and slightly more advanced features. But the LR4 has more useable seating and cargo room and there is nothing that can touch the configurability of the cargo area or, to be honest, the more classic and adventuresome look. Yours looks great. I don't know where you live but hopefully it is some place where you'll be able to do a bit of exploring from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV