2010 LR4 Speaker Sizes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

subMOA

Reaction score
I just learned that MOBridge has software that supports the LR4. Now I can remove the logic7 amp and replace it with their fiber unit and output to my own 5 channel amp.

Does anyone know the speaker sizes for the front doors, rear doors, and center dash speaker?

Thanks!

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front speakers are 3 way, 6.5, 4.5, and a 1.5" tweeter.
The rear doors are components 6.5", and 1.5" tweeter.
However I have spoken to the guys at mObridge, and they do not have any hardware that current supports the newer Land Rover Vehicles, only <09'.
This was as of about 4 months ago, so it's definitely possible something has changed.
I would be curious to see what they offer, as I would be very interested. I miss my highly modified Jag with over 3K in audio... :D

Attachments

• mObridge LR compatibility.PNG
    mObridge LR compatibility.PNG
    5.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

subMOA

Reaction score
Mo

Thanks for the sizes!

As for MOBridge, the new firmware release is very very recent... As in a couple of days before I posted the initial size question on here. Here is a snippit of email between me and MO(Fiberdyne Systems):

On Jun 15, 2015, at 9:34 PM, Julian xxxxx <[email protected]> wrote:

Yes we do have software for this but it's very very recent and not officially released just yet hence why the dealer would be unaware of it and I would need to send it to you if it doesn't get released when you get the unit.

You are correct that you can simply unplug the factory amp and plug our right in and add any amp.

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 5:22 AM, xxxxx<xxxxxxx> wrote:
That sounds great. I just sent an inquiry to the U.S. distributor for pricing.

To confirm, the DA1 or DA3 will allow me to use the oem fiber loop presently in my Landrover LR4, remove my oem logic 7 amp, and use whatever aftermarket amp I want?

I'm asking because your USA dealer said none of your systems are for the LR4; just the LR2/3 and Range Rover. Please confirm that it will work in a 2010 LR4.

Sorry for the lengthy email - thanks for your help.

He followed up confirming the June 16 email...

This is pretty exciting as I wasn't going to be happy spending a few thousand USD summing line level outputs...

****edit****
forgot to add that the products we would use would be either of these: DA1, DA2, DA3

Last edited:

shrinkboy

Reaction score
What's the motivation to upgrade the stock amp? Anyone know the specs on the factory amplifier?

subMOA

Reaction score
Keeping the stock amp -> line out converting (from the l7) into other aftermarket units

Replacing the amp with MOBridge DA3 -> digital audio coming directly from the MOST fiber network and being shaped before getting kicked out to a nice aftermarket amp; all in one small unit.

I'm replacing it because I don't care for the distortion I get from time to time and I really don't care for how it does surround processing with a 2-channel source. To each his own though - many people may like it.

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find the factory "premium" audio on most vehicle to be sub par to even an in-expensive aftermarket audio system.
The LR Harmon Kardon system is built solely on cost savings.
There are maybe a few hundred in parts, while they charge $2500 for the upgrade...

I have all the stuff needed to upgrade the system, i just didn't want to mess with the factory system, and still have a band-aid of a system.
I will not look into this unit to see if it does what I would want.

Time to dig the Focal K2's out of storage... now to decide on an amp :)

subMOA

Reaction score
I'm springing for some focals too.. hopefully they have sizes for the truck (as you supplied).

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm springing for some focals too.. hopefully they have sizes for the truck (as you supplied).

I think you will be hard pressed to find the exact size, and Focal definitly does not have the correct size mid, in any of it's 3way sets.
I would just match the Bass (6.5"), and go from there.
Everything will require some modification.
Also apply sound damping liberally.
I have already done a bunch on my front doors and sub, and it helps improve the sound quality a lot.
The Focal's sit a little on the bright side but get smoother with age.
I'm still a huge fan of my older Boston Acoustics. Those sit in my "museum" now though.
But who knows what will sound good in the LR4, it's such a huge cabin area it make take some playing with to get just right.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the base stereo and would **** to have any information about how to go about upgrading my amp / speakers! This sound system is pretty terrible TBH.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV