Showoff Your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finlay: Where are you getting the skid plates? I hate the plastic skid plate they put on the front of the vehicle. It lasted about a month on my old LR3 and the one on the new LR4 doesn't seem any more sturdy. Plus, I like having easy access to the front tow hook.
Hey JP,

I just sent you a Private Message with the details.

-David

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David,
Can I also get the details. Thanks

-chris

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. . .I remembering getting one here in the states for my 05, but who knows if that company is still in biz.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey bromhead,

There are various places you can get the front skid plate, but I bought mine from GN Vehicle Protection in the UK (I think it was around $400 something with shipping). This is a very heavy duty skid/sump plate. There is a hole for access to the recovery ring. You can also have the black powder coating done for a small fee (I did not). If you are interested in going with GN Vehicle Protection, drop them a note and tell them "David West from CA" sent you. Here is Gary's direct e-mail:

[email protected]

You pay via Paypal and they ship very quickly. Here is the website:

http://www.gnvehicleprotection.co.uk/

I currently do not see the skid/sump plate listed for the Discovery 4? I am not sure why? Definitely drop them an e-mail and inquire as sometimes they take it off their website as they are making new orders. I hope this helps!

-David

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks David. I just kicked off an email to Gary.

cheers,

chris

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks David. I just kicked off an email to Gary.

cheers,

chris
Keep me posted. They are usually very responsive and great guys. If you would like to go with the sliders/step (or slider alone) early, talk with him because they are usually willing to give a combo deal on orders. Good luck!

-David

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David,
So, i contacted Gary regarding the underbody protection. He indicated they are no longer selling them directly and that you need to go through their world wide distributor : britpart.com

I contact Britpart, and they referred me to their US distributor....britcarsvc. When I explained what i needed, they referred me to another company....rasta4x4....

Doesn't seem like they want my business....

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David,
So, i contacted Gary regarding the underbody protection. He indicated they are no longer selling them directly and that you need to go through their world wide distributor : britpart.com

I contact Britpart, and they referred me to their US distributor....britcarsvc. When I explained what i needed, they referred me to another company....rasta4x4....

Doesn't seem like they want my business....
Hey Chris,

I am sorry about all the run around! I am a bit surprised that Gary and Neil no longer make the LR4 front skid plate. Rasta4x4 makes some great products (I want the swing away spare tire carrier), but they only have an LR3/Discovery 3 front skid plate. Another skid plate you could consider (and it's priced well) is from Devon4x4:

http://www.devon4x4.com/index.php?p...ry_id=1013335&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=14

Here is another option:

http://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/Body-Protection/LAND-ROVER-LR3-LR4-SUMP-GUARD-p180.html

I hope that helps!!!

-David

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure I would say they are no longer making it, there just seems to be confusion on whether they are selling it to/in the US. I emailed Gary after getting the referral to rasta to confirm. Lets see what happens. Once I get a response, I think I might create a post listing the options out there (devon, front runner, rasta, etc) and getting peoples feedback. One thing I noticed, many seem to offer aluminum skid plates, the front runner is steel...and black powder coated (wouldn't that show scratches)...anyways, thanks for your help.
I have now had the car for one week. Still in the head over heals courting phase...I love it....

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure I would say they are no longer making it, there just seems to be confusion on whether they are selling it to/in the US. I emailed Gary after getting the referral to rasta to confirm. Lets see what happens. Once I get a response, I think I might create a post listing the options out there (devon, front runner, rasta, etc) and getting peoples feedback. One thing I noticed, many seem to offer aluminum skid plates, the front runner is steel...and black powder coated (wouldn't that show scratches)...anyways, thanks for your help.
I have now had the car for one week. Still in the head over heals courting phase...I love it....
Keep us posted! I would go with the aluminum skid plate - non-powder coated.

I am curious to see what Gary says, as I am really impressed with their quality. That sucker is rock solid strong!!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA