For those who have the power folding mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had the driver mirror repaced on our red LR4 already and now the driver mirror on the gray one is making that miserable grinding noise when folding. When I mentioned the problem to my service advisor, he said there is a TSB for LR4 folding mirrors and they will take care of it next time I'm in for service.

Not sure if the TSB involves replacing the mirror motor or just cleaning and lubing.

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My CPO '13 is doing this as did my '11, but the '13 seems to do it with every lock now, even yesterday 2x the driver didn't open at all. Silly that after a few model years this is still an issue. I'll head to dealer at some point.

SAT radio Q - I've noticed my preset channels when using the steering controls seem to skip presets, it will be on set 1 and when I push to move to the next preset it hops to the 3rd set. NAV will show I'm heading north when I'm clearly heading south or east......LR has always been at the top of the infotainment game..

Last edited:

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, with umbertob's note above might just 'try this at home' :)

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't say I have the issue of the skipping presets on SAT radio (overly sensitive steering wheel button perhaps? Does it skip presets in AM/FM radio mode as well), but I believe you can set the satnav to either show North up or heading up. I prefer the heading up setting personally - which is probably the way yours is set as well if your arrow is always pointing up regardless of which way you are going - but I believe you can change that in the settings if you prefer to lock North up instead and see your arrow move in the true direction of travel.

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to check preset on FM. Nav setting is North.. but I'll double check.. it seems to also just randomly start showing the 'next exit' info when I tell it to 'not' display any pop up screens.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you need to turn off the Highway Guidance option in the satnav's user settings if you don't want those popup screens to display at all.

Regarding heading, it's always "Heading Up" (whether you pick 2D or 3D) unless you change the display to "N Up" on the main map display.

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still not right after fiddling. Not best pic. I grab another tomorrow.

2d4ea64cc694c957131e5481bf87bcc6.jpg

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SAT radio Q - I've noticed my preset channels when using the steering controls seem to skip presets, it will be on set 1 and when I push to move to the next preset it hops to the 3rd set. NAV will show I'm heading north when I'm clearly heading south or east......LR has always been at the top of the infotainment game..

Mine does this too sometimes, both on SAT & FM. It may have to do with signal strength. If the signal for a preset station is too weak the radio just moves onto the next preset station.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV