Rad-1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a digital inclinometer that I think this community would like. It is digital and gives off a warning that gets more frequent to a solid tone (like PDC) as you reach your (user-programmed) max angles.

just google RAD-1 inclinometer if you want to check it out. I will test it out next weekend!

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it do front to back as well as side to side? My "Lev-O-Gage" only measures side to side. But hey, what do you want for $6.00? :smile:
IMG_2734.jpg

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it also does front to back. It also stores the max angle that was experienced. You can adjust the volume and brightness and max angles and all that. It seems pretty slick from the playing around I've done so far. ...but $100 is a lot more than $6!

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the Lincolnometer. It is more intended for measuring cornering G-forces in my MINI rather than incline, but the same physical forces are at work. Cost is just a penny.

47b7ce10b3127ccebe8b9525ba6700000026109SYtmrlrg

yrbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it do front to back as well as side to side? My "Lev-O-Gage" only measures side to side. But hey, what do you want for $6.00? :smile:
IMG_2734.jpg

For six more bucks you can mount another front to back.
Thats really cool but for 170 bucks you could mount quite a few Lev-O-Gages. That said I still may need one my birthday is coming up.

What is the highest side-hill angle the LR-3 can do. Boaz you look pretty close!!

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen a lev-o-gage pegged all the way over on Spiker's Sport. That is the scariest part of off roading to me. I don't like being sideways. But the LR3 seems to handle it just fine.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree; it's never a comfortable feeling. I think 45 degrees is what the Physics dictates as far as tipping...but the LR documentation will tell you 35 degrees.

I got the RAD-1 for $99 plus shipping. I think it was an internet-special. Yes, the good ol' level-o-guage is fine, but the really nice thing about the RAD-1 is the digital display so that you aren't reading the little graduated scale and trying to correct for paralax at the same time while you should be looking ahead PLUS the audio cues.

We'll see. I'm going to be doing a little wheels event with the local dealership next Saturday. It won't be anything too rigorous but it's a built-course but surely there will be some 35 degree sideslopes and steep climbs and descents so it will be a good place to put the RAD-1 through its paces.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA