Roof Rack for camping gear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rvrlvr

Reaction score
Have been researching a rack for camping gear, but hard to tell what is going to look the best, and sturdiness. The new LR3 roof rack is too aero dynamic looking for me, I like the squared off look. Suggestions are welcome.

Trynian

Reaction score
I have seen so many different options from half racks to full racks. Check out a couple of the blogs I mentioned in your other threads and you will start to see a few that you might like.

rvrlvr

Reaction score
I have seen so many different options from half racks to full racks. Check out a couple of the blogs I mentioned in your other threads and you will start to see a few that you might like.

I will do that. Thanks for the help!

OffRoving

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the rack BajaRacks built for my LR3 and roof top tent. It's got a low mean slope to it when not fitted with the tent and is authentically tubular. They aren't promoting it on their website http://www.bajarack.com/ but I'm sure they'd make it for you. I don't know the price....maybe $800????

th_BajaRack.jpg

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What 's with the mean finger on the second picture?Not your typical promo shot..:bandit:

rvrlvr

Reaction score
Exactly what I am looking for! Thanks to both you and Trynian for all your help! Lights package next! Thanks again Off Roving! will go to that site and purchase. :)

OffRoving

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, I never saw that. Buddy of mine who was obviously bitter about spending an entire day in Encinata during the final measure/fit check with no chair to sit on. "Bitter for table of one? Your table is ready". Ha-ha.

I fixed the picture :)

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... I like the squared off look. Suggestions are welcome.

The Hannibal rack is much more versatile and useful than those tubular types most suited to just strapping stuff on. I have used mine for 3 years and found nothing it is lacking.

It is mountable to different vehicles in case you ever change. (Mine was on a 2004 Discovery first, but would also be ideal on a Land Cruiser, Gwagen, Range Rover, etc)

It's more aerodynamic front to rear flat slats with channel slots for mounting stuff anywhere you like also provide perfect easy standing without having to add something to stand on. I use it mainly for photography but it's also a great place to hang out on a chair to watch whatever you like.

The slats are very quiet running fr-rear rather than side to side. The side bar allows mounting various things like the fully self supported Hannibal Awnings, tool mounts, etc.

lr3.ss.ext.rightside2.jpg

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear awning is really nice for enclosing tailgate area for cooking or privacy.

hitch.rear.empty.jpg

With walls on, it's quite the transformation:

awning-tents.sasquatch.jpg

lr3.tent.fd.jpg

Mhaise57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you open the sunroof with the Hannibal rack? It also appears you have it mounted to Yakima control towers, this correct?