Dashboard cracked-airbag

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i noticed this morning on the passenger side of my 06 LR3, the dashboard has a 3in crack where the airbag sits. Its almost like the pressure of the airbag and the Florida heat? Have made it crack. Ive always been able to see the outline of the airbag unit in my black dash. Will try and post a pic tonight

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And thats going to cost me how much? So its called a dash pad aka the entire dash?

motz

Reaction score
i had the same problem and mine was pretty big.
The line of the crack was around the whole airbag corver.

It was one of the things on my repair list that I gave to my dealer right before my warranty expired.
But the dealer didn't want to fix it because they wanted to "focus" on the other problems, which is kinda messed up if I think about it now...

But I figured it's going to happen again anyway so it doesn't bother me much.

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 116

kwlr3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like cracked dash pads are going to be a regular issue for LR3's in hot climates. Mine was replaced by the dealer last year. While I was about 5000 miles out of warranty the dealer still replaced it if I would pay the labor. I was getting some other work done so I'm sure they were not doing me a big favor.

Notice that the LR4 has the same dash pad but covered in leather. I wonder if an interior shop could make a leather cover for your cracked vinyl piece?

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They want 550 in parts and its 8 hrs labor but charge me for 6. All in all one dealer wants 1000 and another wants 1350. Im at 78000 just beyond my extended warranty. Theyve replaced 6 in the last month.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The good news is if they have done six in the last month they should be getting good at it and is probably why they are willing to only charge you for 6 hours....I have tried to remove mine in an attempt to find the squeak coming from under it on the passenger side. I had a couple of hours into it before I realized how much work it really is. I just put it back but it looks to me like the majority of the interior has to come out to change the top dash pad....

quartzsand

Reaction score
LandRover pay for cracked dash replacement under TSB

Lexus is replacing cracked dashboards on certain older models at no charge and reimbursing owners who paid out of pocket. Landrover should do the same as this is clearly a problem across multiple years of LR3's. Does anyone know how to get the process started?

stmcknig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got referred to LRNA Corporate Customer Relations for my '07 with cuts appearing by the passenger airbag. They had me take it to a LR dealership for inspection and they offered to pick up $750 of the $1500 tab as a one time goodwill. Unfortunately I still think it's going to happen again so declined. They told me that the LR4 dash was completely different so I guess they're after me upgrading ;-)

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got referred to LRNA Corporate Customer Relations for my '07 with cuts appearing by the passenger airbag. They had me take it to a LR dealership for inspection and they offered to pick up $750 of the $1500 tab as a one time goodwill.

Thanks, that's good info!

Mine isn't that bad yet, but I have seen some that are absolutely awful looking. If mine get there while I still own the truck, I'll see if LRNA would help out.

How did you get in touch with LRNA Corporate Customer Relations?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV