1996 range rover hse 4.6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greasemykey

Reaction score
i need to buy a O2 sensor for this truck and an oil pan gasket. is this engine a ford 4.6L? i have come across some interesting information about it already so i am confused as to where to get parts for it.

also i have a coolant leak that seems to be coming from around the intake manifold and leaking down both sides of my block. any idea where it could be coming from. i dont want to rip off the intake manifold if i dont have too. thanks for the help.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
First Welcome to the forum... Second I hope you have a Land Rover 4.6L if not you may have other issues.

Get ahold of Nathan in my Signature and he can help you with any parts... also coolant leak where does it appear to be leaking at... drivers side front? rear? Passenger side...

greasemykey

Reaction score
most is coming from the drivers side front of the engine. but i am still getting fluid on the passenger side as well. is nathan available on sundays? im really confused because this engine looks alot like a ford mustang 4.6L. also i was trying to figure out when ford owned land rover. truthfully i wanted to drop in a police interceptor engine into it if i could.

pascaltissot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally your engine was a Buick engine, NOT FORD it had some changes over the years until it got up to a 5 liter that was not approved for production but yours is a Buick design that was modified in England to a 4.6 Liters it is a great engine .I would prefer that you use original parts on it.< on the water issue on the passenger side it comes most surely from your heater rubber O-ring under you dash board …. There is two ways to change them the official one ( very long and a lot of work ) or a very simple one making two little holes ,(if you need instructions I will provide if needed OK )In the front part of your engine the only place that I can think of is your water pump ( very common ) just change it is very simple to do it .Just in case check your intake rubber tubes to the automatic air intake .

greasemykey

Reaction score
so this is a buick engine? and if i am correct thats a torque flight 727 trans behind it correct? the biggest reason i am asking is range rover wants a ton for an oil pan gasket and if it can be changed with a buick one i can get those cheaper. anyway i did originally think it was my water pump but i have not seen any water dripping off of it. but ill look into changing it and see how much those are. thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut