HELP! My radio needs a 5 diget code!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamo002

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I bought my Discovery in 2004 but I only have 75,000 miles as I have other cars as well. I LOVE the looks and high seating position of the 04 Discovery (not the 12-13 MPG though).

I need help. After I replaced my battery, the dealer, Hennessey LR in Buckhead (Atlanta) only gives me 4 digits but the radio says,"add fifth number" on the re-activation screen. I have called the dealer 3 times and they swear thar even the LR North America website only shows 4 digits for my VIN #.

At the 30,000 mi check up years ago, Hennessey replaced the battery so somebody there must have known what to do. Is there a common fifth number, or a common first number?

:confused:

hawkster

Reaction score
If you have the radio with navigation, open glove box, on the left side (closer to driver) there will be a bar code sticker. If the bar code sticker has the number 123456789 the nav/radio code is the last 5 digits, 56789. I have a 2002 SE but it should be the same process.

hawkster

Reaction score
Were you successful? Also the 4 digits given by the dealer, as long as the radio wasn't swapped should match 4 of the 5 digits. That will confirm your looking at the correct bar code.

jamo002

Reaction score
Forget the 4 dealer code #'s. Patsy Cline at full volume confirmed the correct code!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV