Go Back   Land Rover and Range Rover Forums > Technical Discussions > LR4

Sponsored Ads
Register or log in to remove these ads.

LR4 Technical Discussion for the LR4

Old 11-10-2013, 12:24 PM   #1
digitaloffroad
Roverito

2010 LR4 HSE Lux - No satellite radio?

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
Just purchased a 2010 LR4 HSE Lux and it doesn't appear to have satellite radio even though it is mentioned on the original window sticker for the vehicle that I found in the glove box. When I go to the Audio/Video menu it only says Radio not Radio/SAT like in the manual. Am I missing something? Seems odd that a car with DVD player, etc. wouldn't also have the satellite radio option. Any help is appreciated!

digitaloffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:22 PM   #2
Finlayforprez
Full Access Member

The SAT/HD radio is an option, it does not come automatically on the HSE Lux trim package for any model year.
Finlayforprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:03 AM   #3
digitaloffroad
Roverito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finlayforprez View Post
The SAT/HD radio is an option, it does not come automatically on the HSE Lux trim package for any model year.
Thanks for the reply. Is it possible for it to have been disabled somehow since the original sticker has SAT listed?
digitaloffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #4
stmcknig
Full Access Member

Depends who wrote the window sticker up. It's not the first time I've come across a non-LR dealer who just ran the VIN # and copy pasted ALL the options without actually checking. There is a CCF (Car Configuration File) which tells it what is installed but you'd need a dealer to check with their diagnostics. More likely it was a braindead typo.
stmcknig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #5
umbertob
Full Access Member

If you register into Topix (registration is free) and enter your VIN into the system, you should get a comprehensive build report of your vehicle, with all options that were originally included at the factory when the car was manufactured. It works for my 2013, it should for for a 2010 as well. Here is an example of what is shown for my VIN after registering and entering the VIN (you need to press "More" in the Vehicle Features window):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...e%20detail.pdf

TopiX: http://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/

PS: If your vehicle didn't include sat radio from the factory, your build detail would probably mention "Less H.D. Radio And SDARS", or something to that effect.
2013 LR4 HSE Lux 7-seat / Red / Arabica / Black Pack / Vision Assist / Extended Leather / RSE / Heavy Duty / HD+SAT Radio / LLAMS Height Controller / IIDTool / Faultmate MSV2 / Comps PD1880 wheels / Asfir sump guard / T4x4 Rock Sliders + Fuel Tank Plate / Traxide Dual Battery Kit

Last edited by umbertob; 11-11-2013 at 01:02 PM.
umbertob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:22 AM   #6
costelj
Full Access Member

When I picked mine up a couple of weeks ago, it didn't have the SAT radio in the menu either, but I knew I had ordered it (it was on the bill of sale and it was clear I had a larger antenna than the ones in the lot that didn't have it). Still, it wasn't in the menu. About 2 hours later, after I had driven it home, it appeared in the menu system. I have no idea why it didn't show immediately, but maybe it's just something that takes a couple of cold starts to appear? (EDIT: Sorry, just saw the "2010" in your post. Never mind. Not the same issue because I'm sure it's been driven enough to not be the same issue as mine). I never got a reason why from my dealer, but I stopped asking because it's no longer an issue.

So, you should check your antenna. Is there a way you can compare it to an LR4 that you know doesn't have Sat radio? Maybe the dealer's demo unit? If you have the antenna, then maybe you have the same problem I had.

And yeah, I owe this forum some pictures of my new rig, which I love. I just haven't had the time to post them. Hopefully this week.

Last edited by costelj; 11-12-2013 at 04:24 AM.
costelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:56 PM   #7
EBARRY51
Roverito

So mine has HD Radio but no Satellite. 2010 HSE Plus. Is that even possible? Dealer telling me it has no satellite, but wouldn't it also have no HD then? My topix page shows "H.D. RADIO AND SDARS"...nowhere does it say "LESS H.D. RADIO AND SDARS"
EBARRY51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:27 PM   #8
ougrad1
Full Access Member

I have a 2010 Lux and do have sat radio so I'm not sure why it's extra for others with the same package. That's weird.
- Cooper Zeon LTZ
- Replaced cigarette lighter with VW LED flashlight...very handy
ougrad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:28 PM   #9
Ajatsea
Roverito

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBARRY51 View Post
So mine has HD Radio but no Satellite. 2010 HSE Plus. Is that even possible? Dealer telling me it has no satellite, but wouldn't it also have no HD then? My topix page shows "H.D. RADIO AND SDARS"...nowhere does it say "LESS H.D. RADIO AND SDARS"
Did you ever figure out how to get the SAT to work????
I recently bought a 2010 LR-4 HSE LUX which as Topix also lists as having HD Radio /SDARS
But the sat is no displayed.
Ajatsea is offline   Reply With Quote